Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Anybody here use/seen Afco shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 08:28 AM
US Army lifer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody here use/seen Afco shocks?

I have known that Afco has been making shocks for ATVs for a few years, but I have never seen any of them or heard anything about them. Their website doesn't even have a pic or good description. I used Afco shocks for Late Models and Sprint Cars, so I know their quality is outstanding, but I want to know about the ATV shocks. I am going to put together an all aftermarket 250R for the dunes, and I am thinking of using their shocks to be different. If you use them, could you please give me a quick review. I would ride in the dunes almost exclusively, I weigh 220, and prefer to run the trails instead of drag racing. Also, could you post some pics. I would really like to see them. Thanks y'all.

Old 02-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

I use AFCO's for flattracking and just bought a set to put on a trail bike. I love the quality and customer service. I have a bent Works shock and they told me three weeks in house to rebuild it. Friends have sent shocks to AFCO to have them rebuilt. They mailed them on monday and had them back on Friday night for saturday's racing. A friend has a set on his trail bike and they actually do better than my triple rate works. I would think they are a little heavy for drag racing. I am going to spend tonight cleaning up my race bike so I might be able to get you some pics tommorrow.

Old 02-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

We use Afco shocks on our pro-4. I have no experiance with them on quads. If they are built like their race shocks; they are nice!!! You can revalve them to what ever you want!!!

Old 02-16-2004, 06:44 PM
US Army lifer

Wow, I didn't think that I would get a response. I have to agree with y'all about their quality; it's great! Like I said, I have used them for dirt track racing and I always liked them, so I figured their quad shocks had to be good. I think a lot of people are a little skeptical about them because they don't know anything about them. It would help if they would advertise a little more. Of course, at the rate their going, any adversting would be beneficial. The fact that you can rebuild them in your own shop is a deffinite plus. Alky, if you could post some pics, I would greatly appreciate it. Please show both sets if you can.

Old 02-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I'll try to get the pics in the next couple of days. The afco catalog shows a local girls bike that she ran a couple of years ago and won many nationals on it. I have raced against her many times.

Old 02-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Saw them at the dealer show. Nice gear and professional people. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

I finally got some pics on my page. I have been a member here for a while and just never made a photo page. Anyway, you can check out pics of the AFCO's on my TT bike in my gallery. I didn't get to clean the bike up so it looks like he!!.