Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

TURBO in a BLASTER!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO in a BLASTER!!!!!!

yea it will fry the engine alot faster it pushes the rpms up alot

what happend to other mods like boaring the cylender and piston.
hmmm......

Old 03-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 03400exrider
come on people. turbo's are to much for a blaster. it will fry the engine in no time and would be very unrelible. there are som things that arnt made for quads and this is one of them. what happend to other mods like boaring the cylender and piston. I saw a 400ex with a small turbo and the man said it was the most unreliable thing and he can only use it for drag but it still frys the engine, and thats a 4 stroke i can only imagine a two stroke.

just my 2 cents
i agree.

Even if it did work, it would never spool.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

...ok, this is how it is... when you do it, you do it right, right? well, most of these people with their "unreliable" turbocharged quads haven't done it right. ok, so yeah, you have a turbo on your STOCK ENGINE! thats the problem. The reason why these people are nuking their motors, is because they want a turbo with lots of booste(measured in psi.), and high compression. well, with that combination, you get detonation, yes, your motor exploding more or less. If you drop you compression, to say, 7.5:1, run the correct waste gate, b.o.v.(blow off valve) and correct size turbo(i wouldn't go larger than a t25, which is a 25mm turbo, very small, well, in the automotive world), and have your engine cnc'd for o-rings, you'll be the towns regular bill badass. granted this is NOT cheap, you will have a killer set up, and something rather original in most parts of the US. 2-strokes are kinda shady for turbos also from what I gather, something ridiculous with the fuel and air not mixing to burn correctly, if i'm right.
Blastro Castro, if your gonna do it, do it right. your blaster can handle it, hell, your lawnmower can handle it...if you do it right, good luck with this, I hope it works out for ya.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

I thought forced induction on a two stroke would just blow more fuel out the exhaust? They arent very efficient to begin with, let alone blowing fuel in them.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

This guy did it. I used to talk to him quit a bit.

the pictures dont work. But you can see them here
boosted blaster

pictures

Old 03-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

You can turbocharge virtually any motor. Problems occure when people start bolting things on their motor they have no clue about. But that can go for any mod, not just a turbo. Put a 14 to 1 piston in your motor and use pump gas, what do you think will happen? Bolt nitrous on your quad and not connect the ground wire to the gas solenoid, hit the button, bang, oops..........
If you try turbo'ing your motor and don't have a clue on what size of A/R to use, you are going to hear that, bang, oops........sooner than latter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
You can turbocharge virtually any motor. Problems occure when people start bolting things on their motor they have no clue about. But that can go for any mod, not just a turbo. Put a 14 to 1 piston in your motor and use pump gas, what do you think will happen? Bolt nitrous on your quad and not connect the ground wire to the gas solenoid, hit the button, bang, oops..........
If you try turbo'ing your motor and don't have a clue on what size of A/R to use, you are going to hear that, bang, oops........sooner than latter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
he knows how it is

Old 03-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. Putting mods on your moter dont really harm it. Unless you dont maintenence right. A turbo isnt to much fora blaster. I made a forced air supercharger for my leaf blower and still have it and it runs like a charm.

Old 04-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

from my experience with blasters, once you put a pipe on them, they over heat and blow, at least in the dunes. the air-cooled engine can't handle the added heat of most any upgrades. last summer at buttercup dunes, there was a guy with a turbo chraged fuel injected banhsee running on alcohol. it was fast as ever and sounded like an indy car. he told me that it took him 9 years to build and get the turbo dialed in. there is a company in south america that is putting turbos on raptors and 400ex's. they are doubling the horse power, and it looks awesome. here is a review on that company: http://www.paatving.com/Articles/tur...urboraptor.asp there is another company that is also putting them on raptors and 400ex's they are: http://www.kmsturbo.com/main.html . a two-stroke is something special and would be a completely custom job. good luck, i hope to put one on my 250r this summer too.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Orange 250r, what jet sizes and airscrew settings are u using an you 250r?

Quick Reply: TURBO in a BLASTER!!!!!!