Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

TURBO in a BLASTER!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TURBO in a BLASTER!!!!!!

I just think its a general waste of time and energy on a blaster....they don't have enough exhaust backpressure to spin a turbo very much.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: AngryHampster
I just think its a general waste of time and energy on a blaster....they don't have enough exhaust backpressure to spin a turbo very much.
who cares about exhaust pressure - ITS A BLASTER NOT A FRICKING ROCKET puttin one in a blaster is like street racing your dad's old dodge neon...

Old 04-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RIDEYELLOWZ400
Originally posted by: AngryHampster
who cares about exhaust pressure - ITS A BLASTER NOT A FRICKING ROCKET puttin one in a blaster is like street racing your dad's old dodge neon...
And another useless contribution. Also, neons can be fast....a few years they came with a pretty decent motor and were rather light. I know a guy that's running 14's in his and has spent under $1000 in upgrades.

Old 04-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

haha nice

Old 04-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

i think its a waste of time unless your drag racing only..

I thought forced induction on a two stroke would just blow more fuel out the exhaust? They arent very efficient to begin with, let alone blowing fuel in them.
i think hes right too.. because two stroke already let enough gas into the exaust stock, thats why they are getting rid of them, they pollute too much

and im pretty sure it takes a lot of time to get the rev up so the turbo is actually adding horsepower but it adds gobs of top end

Old 04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PmanX8
Thats crazy, but cool at the same time. i bet that will put major wear on the engine in no time lol! ill just keep my blaster stock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] . altho i think i recall seeing that magazine with the Turbo-blaster in it!! i am interested just to see how the thing was installed?
a turbo does not put as much strain on an engine s, say a new cab, big bore kit and higher compression

Old 04-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer

Neon's with a turbo can be pretty quick, there is also a guy on the internet with a Dodge minivan who drives his kids to the strip in the van, removes the back seat, bolts on a better set of tires and then completely smokes mustangs and camaro's. 2-strokes- are a little more difficult than 4 strokes to turbo but they have 2x the number of exhaust pulses of a 4 stroke at the same rpm, and therefore act as though they are twice as large of a motor. in the 80's the 4 japanese motorcycle companies all had turbo's on 4 stroke bikes from 500 to 750 cc from the factory. The turbo is driven by the moving exhaust pulse, but more importantly by the energy release of taking the confined exhaust gases and allowing them to expand rapidly ( a thermal reaction ) as they go thorugh the turbo. Some of the air/fuel in a turbo 2 stroke is blown into the pipe, the turbo supplies some additional backpressure, but the exhaust port and the intake port are only uncovered by the piston simultaneously for a short period of time, once the intake port is again covered by the piston moving up- the tuned 2 stroke pipe works the same as a naturally aspirated engine---- shoving a portion of the exhausted fuel mix back into the combustion chamber right before the exhaust port is closed. Other than oiling the turbo, there are 2 issues with a blaster as i see it, #1 air cooled- turbo's do produce heat, don't know how well the 2 will mix, cooling the piston on a 2 stroke is primarly accomplished through the incoming fuel, so make sure your jetting is a little rich. the additional power will offset this so don't try to lean it out to much. #2 Turbos need pressurized oil to their bearings to live, you do not have a source on a 2stroke. They also need to be able to circulate and cool this oil. Pump fuel (92 octane) can be a problem if not well set up, the oil in 2 stroke mix lowers the octane of the fuel slightly also. On any turbo setup, the size of the turbo and jetting are key to making it work correctly. ( fixed some of my spelling, sorry)

Old 05-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

its a 185 main jet with a 55 pilot jet

Old 05-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

The newer dodge SRT4 basically IS a doge neon with a turbo in it. 230hp, 250lbs of torque.
0-60 in 5.8...not bad at all!

Old 05-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: retrorocket
Neon's with a turbo can be pretty quick, there is also a guy on the internet with a Dodge minivan who drives his kids to the strip in the van, removes the back seat, bolts on a better set of tires and then completely smokes mustangs and camaro's. )
since mustangs and camaro's are sooo fast ( maybe he can beat stock ones though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )