Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Need help with cleaning UNI filter.I have PJ1 foam filter cleaner and oil?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with cleaning UNI filter.I have PJ1 foam filter cleaner and oil?

I have PJ1 foam filter cleaner and oil? I brought it for my stock filter can I use it? and how do i clean the uni? could you give me step by step instructions? is it just like cleaning the stock one? I have not even looked at the filter yet are they 2 parts? thanks

Old 03-31-2004, 12:11 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Need help with cleaning UNI filter.I have PJ1 foam filter cleaner and oil?

Sure you can use it on the uni.

If you have purchased the PJ1 cleaner and oil I would just follow the directions on the cans or do the same as you have done in the past with the stock filter if this has worked for you.

You just spray the cleaner on the filter in and out, work it in and let it sit for a period of time and then rinse and air dry or take a hair dryer if you want it quicker, then apply the oil by kneeding it into the filter.

I use the PJ1 super tacky on my filters.

Old 03-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: JOEYG
I have PJ1 foam filter cleaner and oil? I brought it for my stock filter can I use it? and how do i clean the uni? could you give me step by step instructions? is it just like cleaning the stock one? I have not even looked at the filter yet are they 2 parts? thanks
Hello,

this is really easy one to answer and it really does not matter who filter you have they all end up with the similar clean up intructions. Here is a step by step cleaning process. Sub the name of the company produact for the cleaning solution and oil for the ones you have.

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/infoWAKins.asp

Enjoy.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
.I use the PJ1 super tacky on my filters.
I do as well. The stuff is awesome....no way dirt is gonna get through a properly oiled filter with PJ1 super tacky. UNI makes some great filters.