Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Banshee pipes,...where to buy???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2000, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to buy new pipes for my '97 Banshee, probably FMF or Toomey. I was just curious to where the cheapest place to go to get them, and I know they aren't cheap. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-03-2000, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

check with east coast atv at
215-541-4985 ask for mike or matt!

Old 08-06-2000, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Crezmedwn
Just my 2 cents Buy toomey and get the best I had a sound check Problem and sent an e-mail last night (saturday)9-10 pm And they responded right after I sent it to help me out.Rocky mountian seems to be the best on prices how ever A friend just picked up the hush kit for Less$$ from Tommey.And the customer service is Superior!
Best of luck.
Spencer

Old 08-06-2000, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

Toomey has the best performance package around. No guess work, just put it on and IT WORKS! I have been dealing with him since 1993(the T-3 days). I have NEVER had a problem with service or support for the products that he sells. Deal direct with Toomey. As far a cost, forget it. Believe me, the performance gains to your Banshee will make what you paid seem insignificant.

Old 08-06-2000, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Another really good set of pipes to consider are LRD. I got mine straight from them, and the service was great. You will love the performance gain.

Old 08-07-2000, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry, but I bought the FMF power package(Fatties/Power Cores, Boyesen dual stage reeds, reed spacers, boost bottle) from Magic racing and have beat numerous Toomey equiped banshees (4-5 this weekend alone, for far less than what the Toomeys cost. I spent $570 on the whole kit, whereas you cant even get toomeys for that, let alone the other mods. I know people are going to be pissed, sorry, its the truth. Toomeys are overpriced, but hey that chrome sure looks good.. Too bad chrome dont get you home! Not to mention the shape of the FMF Fatties and the Toomeys are almost identical.

In short, the Toomeys are overpriced.. Buy em if you want to get ripped off, and beat!

Roostking...

Old 08-07-2000, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

For the record: The Toomey T5 kit lists for $479.95. The kit comes with the following:

1. Stinger Tubes
2. Silencers
3. Steel Finish Pipes
4. Jet Kit
5. Unifilter (2 into 1 setup available @ extra charge)
6. 12 Airbox Vents
7. Silicone Pipe Seals

Old 08-07-2000, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

add a finish to those Toomeys and you have the same package as FMF but a better package with Toomey.

Old 08-07-2000, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

Go with the LRD pipes. Call and ask for Erik. He is the greatest. I raced this weekend for the first time with my LRD's and I am impressed. Yeah, they are a little more difficult to setup and maintain, but if you wanna fly you gotta do the work. Those things are awsome. You can just leave it a gear higher than you think you need and it will just keep pulling. They do wonders for the banshee power delivery. Make sure you get a jet kit if you decide to go with LRD's. Its a big part of the performance. Drop the whinning, Drop the money and pick up some LRD's!! LATER >

Old 08-07-2000, 09:31 PM
Range Rover

I forgot to tell you , I bought my shee from Alba and it came with Toommeys. Sold them and bought FMF Fattys. I sold the FMF's for LRD's. So I have tried a couple of the big pipe builders and I am sold on the LRD's.

Quick Reply: Banshee pipes,...where to buy???