Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Toomey 2:1 filter kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2000, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this installed along with Toomey T-5's and FMF silencers on our 2001 banshee, dealer installed.

Is this a good filter?

Any recommendations for us sound checked Oregon dunes folks?

Thanks

Old 08-13-2000, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just updating,
Any one else running one of these?

Mine is a UNI foam filter, and I have an outerwares prefilter.

I spent a little time removing some small manufacturing edges, also rounded the filters entrance to the 2:1 tubes, it's running excellent now.

The power is amazing, can't hold on....

Old 08-13-2000, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

i like mine it really flows alota air.only down side is it gets dirty really fast.

Old 08-13-2000, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

My Fiance runs it on her Banshee. Never had a problem with it. Seems to flow good running the Uni filter with outerwear. Just check the mouth of the filter every once in a while. After a while the end will begin to cave in and make it easy for the filter to pop out. Jeff

Old 08-15-2000, 06:49 AM
Trailblazer

I run it with the K&N filter. Was a little hard to get toomey to send me the metal tube to put in the K&N but they finally did. I like it and it runs great. How come you dont run the toomey silencers with there pipes? Seems to me there own setup would work best together. Just a question that came to mind.

David Chapman

Old 08-15-2000, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm running the FMF silencers to be sound legal, I even got checked my first day out here at the Oregon dunes(Hit 90db, less than 93 is req). I wish I could run the Toomey silencers alone, but if you want to run Toomey here, you have to either run a hush kit or different silencers. One of my friends has tried every combination he could think of, and liked the FMF's best.

K&N hmmm.....
I bet they make a car K&N filter that has that same diameter, only trick is the slight offset and clearance needed for the pipes.

Thanks for the info.

Old 08-16-2000, 05:33 AM
Trailblazer

I got the setup from James Lucky, but had to get the piece of metal from Toomey. It fits real nice and is about four or five inches wide in a circle. The part that attaches to the base is offset. I think I still have the box in the garage at my parents house, if you want I will get the K&N part number for you.
Did you know toomey makes a hush kit now and they say it dont affect horsepower?
Planning on finding some new dunes to ride on, how are the dunes in Oregon. How do they compare to Dumont?

David Chapman

Old 08-16-2000, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

I know on one of my old shee's I was running the K&N 2-1 filter ( the one where the air box is removed) with a outerwears.. worked great... just had to watch the water!

Martinm I am getting back into duning ( well as soon as my Raptor gets here) maybe we could hook up some time and go riding... I am about 40 miles north of you

Let me know

Old 08-16-2000, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey i live in pennslyvania and am thinking of getting a 2:1 toomey with k&n.

are they more for sand racing, or do they also work great anywhere? (except extreme dust, water, and mud)

any help would be great,
brent

Old 08-16-2000, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey i live in pennslyvania and am thinking of getting a 2:1 toomey with k&n.

are they more for sand racing, or do they also work great anywhere? (except extreme dust, water, and mud)

any help would be great,
brent

Quick Reply: Toomey 2:1 filter kit