Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Jetting Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2000, 12:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I have a jetting question about my 96 banshee. It's got a motofast 2-1 pipe, and I'm gonna add a pro design pro flow intake. The previous owner says the main jet is at 260. When I install the pro design, what, in yalls opinion, should my jetting be? The quad is also jetted for Kentucky(madisonville) and is used in southeast texas.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Old 08-10-2000, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Rottwolf, if it has a 260 in it now with the pipes and is jetted correctly for that configuration I'm pretty sure that the pro-flow will be the same jetting. That is unless you are adding a K&N to the proflow. The pro-flow in itself shouldn't make a difference; from looking at the pro-flow I can't imagine how it could flow enough to change jetting. If you have a K&N already it should be the same.

Old 08-10-2000, 02:22 PM
Range Rover

I'm not a pro here, but I thought the pro flow had a lot more surface area than the stock filter. Wouldn't that alone allow more air to flow into the mixture? At it's current configuration, It pops a little after coming off at high rpms. I want to go up one jet anyway, and maybe richen the needle jet too? That's what I was thinking.

Thanks,

jason

Old 08-10-2000, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well, i'm no expert either (now we're in trouble) but the Pro-Flow is simply a metal mount for the K&N air filter. It replaces the stock filter cage's plastic & foam in a slot arrangement with a bolt mounted air filter mount... If that makes any sense. While it is true that the pro-flow is probably a little smoother due to the polished aluminum construction vs the smooth plastic stock mount, the filter mount diameter and inside diameter are exactly the same as the stock mount. The depth appears to be the same as well. The advantage is that, if installed correctly, the Pro-Flow is an easier & more secure way of mounting the K&N air filter as compared to stock. I honestly don't think it will change your jetting though. No doubt someone will disagree with me and say how THEIR pro-flow added 10 horsepower to their Banshee.

Old 08-10-2000, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

Actually most banshees with the air box lid on, run stock jetting with the moto fast pipe. If you choose to take the snorkel off you may have to go up one size, however a 210 or 220 is where you should be. Thats per jimmy at moto fast, and my experiences show that works well. Dave

Old 08-11-2000, 01:26 AM
Range Rover

As far as the jetting, it's not the change to the pro flow intake that creates more airflow, but isn't there more airflow from a dual stage aftermarket foam pro-design filter compared to a stock? There is more surface area on the aftermarket one.
Hmm...210..I asked the guy that owned it before me(bash) and he said he thought it was set at 260. Is it labeled on the jet? What are the jet numbers from there? And what is stock jetting?

Thanks yall,

jason

Old 08-11-2000, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Rottwolf, yep that is what I was saying in my first post. If you are going from a stock to a high-flow air filter like a Uni or K&N then you will see an increase in airflow. On my Banshee, I had 180 mains and it was still rich at around 7000 ft. After I put in the K&N and some airbox holes I went to 200 mains. That's still a tiny bit rich here but basically, just the K&N bumped my jetting from 180 to 200. I don't have the Pro-Flow by the way.

I say ride it, do a plug chop with new plugs and make the decision from there....