Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

drag banshee

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 04:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag banshee

what sould i get for my banshee that can get it to go really fast, like what are some good sites i can go to so i can find this stuff? also were are some good sites were i can see some free movies of drag and dune racing?

Old 07-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

How much you got to spend and how fast you want to go?
you could get;
Port work
Slight increase in bore size
Cool head
"V" force reed cage's
Reed spacer's
Lectron carb's
K&N filter's
After Market Ingnition
Toomey Pipe's and silencer's
14/42 gearing

Just to name a few,and you can still dune ride and have fun in the trail's,A friend of mine had this set up except for the Lectron's and it did 4.7's-4.8's on gas in 300ft.wich is fast his speed was between 68-70 mph.The Lectron's are more for Drag racing and Dunning then trail's,I have one on my Zilla and it perform's better then a Mikuni or Keihn carb. in my oppinion.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

go to banshee superstore.com they have all the performance parts you could want rocky mountain magazine sells all kinds of dune riding videos

Old 07-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

If youre doing a stock jug motor i wouldnt increase the bore size anymore then you had to because it removes transfer area. Best source of power for the least amount of money is to do a 4-7mm stroker. The lectrons run well on alcohol, but on gas they are slouches. The keihins run good on gas, while for the smaller ALK motors the ftz/mikuni carb is a very good setup also.

You only go as fast as your wallet lets you. A little more information on what you have to spend will help a lot.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

Not all of them a slouche's Beech,Mine's on gas and it respond's GREAT!What do you ues to measure the needle's when tuning it in? Oh yeah and Vito's Performance sell's Great performmance part's for Blaster's and Shee's 1-248-969-9168

Old 07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

lol calipers to measure the needle on a lectron, and in MY testing the lectron does not fair well on gas.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

I use a tool from fast by gast and a machinist scale,you and I are kinda alike you can tune a Lectron for alky and get performance,I can't.I can tune a Lectron for gas and get performance and throttle response.I might have gotten it close,but got too frustrated with it and sold the carb.Don't get me wrong pwk Keihn's are great carb's,but the guy wanted to go really fast and Lectron's are the way to go.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

Thats all a matter of hind sight. You can go on the dyno and run a lectron on gas and make less hp then with a mik or a keihin depending on a majority of different things and vise versa. I know what works on the honda and banshee. Although i dont run a zilla, i cant comment. But different bikes and motors prefer different carb's.

How fast is that zilla of yours

Old 07-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

Ya kinda took the word's from my mouth,I got to thinking and you beat me to it,You know shee's and how to syncrinize the carb's and what work's best for them,I found what worked best for my Zilla,to answer your question,on gas no NOS,stock frame and swingarm extended 4.53's 300ft.,not bad for a Zilla.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default drag banshee

my gas 370 honda did a 4.61 first time out. Kind of proves that a keihin works good on a honda where a lectron would fail (on gas, alk is a different game), and maybe a lectron is better on a zuk where a keihin would fail. This is largely in part because keihin doesnt manufacture a pwk or pwm in anything larger then a 39mm bore which is too small for a zilla, where it wouldnt be for a honda in most cases when tapered to a 40.5

Quick Reply: drag banshee