Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Banshee A-arms and swingarms

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2000, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanting to start working on my suspension and was wondering which of the big three makes better products? Noticed Roll Design has higher prices, but are they better than Lonestar or Laeger?
Also had a question about length of swingarm? Wanting to setup my bike for the desert and dunes, but still be able to go to the local mx track and play around. Is there a setup that is able to do it all? I guess I want something like the dual sport duncan has.

Any help appreciated
David Chapman

Old 08-21-2000, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't seen all three brands on a banshee before but I have seen all 3 on 250r's. Also ATVracing makes some real good a-arms. The Laeger looks to be the least durable of the three. It has smaller tubing than the others. Lonestar has larger tubing with replaceable ball joints and heim ends on the top a-arm. ATVracing has some very heavy duty a-arms with replaceable ball joints and heim adjustable upper a-arms. Roll Design are also very heavy duty. I'd look at the ATVracing and Roll Design. I run the lonestars on my 250R but I like the design of the ATVracing and Roll Design better. If you are going to do desert and some MX i'd go with the +3 with +1 forward. As far as the swingarm any of the three make good products. If you plan on racing MX at all i'd stick with the stock length. If you just plan to mess around you could go with a +1 or +2. I've raced a couple of times with a +4 that I used to have (set up for the dunes) and it was way too long to turn good. It also snapped landing one of the jumps. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Old 08-21-2000, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Banshee also and I was thinking about going with +2 and +1 forward a-arms and +2 swingarm, r42176 is it worth it for mostly dune riding, to go with wider a-arms? You live in Phoenix and im sure you go to Glamis and you have wider a-arms on your 250, so I thought maybe you would have some answers to my questions. Thanks

Old 08-22-2000, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer

It is definately worth it even if you are doing mostly dune riding. The extra width on the front will make the bike a lot more stable on the turns and will take the rough stuff better. The +2 swingarm will make the bike more stable but you will suffer a little on turning. The extra length and width will give you more wheel travel front and rear. My +2/+1 a-arms work great in the dunes, desert and mx. You won't regret it.

Jeff