Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Edelbrock carbs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004 | 05:48 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Edelbrock carbs

I want to purchase the edelbrock carbs for my raptor. but i first want to hear others opinions about them. i know they eliminate jets that is a big plus but i heard that it is a pain to tune them. what do you guys think.

what are other alternative that are better than stock.
what are yoiur suggestions for carburetion on a bored raptor?
does anyone make a kit to use one big carb on the raptor

Old 09-20-2004 | 08:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Edelbrock carbs

First off, its a single carb unlike the dual setup from the factory. It is a pain to tune them, but less so than the duals of the raptor.

If you are stuck on a single carb, I would look for a lectron or even a large fcr.

If you are going to bore it out to a 686 or larger, the FCR 35's seem to be the setup of choice for raptors. They give a lot of low and mid range power, which offsets the aggressive cams quite nicely. They have plenty on top, but not quite as much as a pair of bored stockers.

Edelbrock makes a manifold and carb kit. There are people on here, sixsixt to name one, who have been experimenting with single carb manifolds. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 09-21-2004 | 01:12 AM
Range Rover
Default Edelbrock carbs

who does stock carb boring and how well do run .i have several sets and maybe they would be fun on my rhino project.

Old 09-21-2004 | 06:05 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Edelbrock carbs

where is the cheapest place to get the fcr 35s

and are you sure that the edelbrock cant handle the 686

i would rather have one carb but hey i will do what it takes.
i want a kit made and tested for the bike not something i put together
i just thought the edelbrocks would be good since they #1 are great for cars
and #2 have no jets you just have to twist a screw very convenient for someone who likes to jet their bike for weather changes and when you go out of town

i have never rejetted my bike mainly because of no mods but it seems intimidating with al of those linkages and that idle adjustment box. i am not afraid it just looks intimidating and i have never rejetted a dual carb setup

Old 09-29-2004 | 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Edelbrock carbs

The edelbrock is extremely easy to set up and tune. I had no experience previous to buying mine, but it was a piece of cake getting set up. The only drawback I can see on a raptor is the price of the carb, since the dual intake to single carb adaptor is included. When it comes to power the edelbrock rocks.

Old 10-02-2004 | 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Edelbrock carbs

ebaymotors.com type in "yamaha raptor FCR"

Old 10-02-2004 | 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default Edelbrock carbs

after 15mins of riding with edelbrock your thumb will be killing you plus in my opinion they arent as good as the FCRs. i just had a customer buy a new set of FCRs and replace the edel

Old 10-02-2004 | 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Edelbrock carbs

Yeah, the throttle is a little stiff at first but you'll get used to it in no time. You can also use a thumb saver if that's the case. Most people will trim a small piece off the spring on it and it'll be much easier to open. I'd take a 1/4 hp loss for that easy of tuning capabilities any day. The customer service at edelbrock is awesome too, I doubt if many others can compare to them. How does that fcr start cold anyway? Does it use a choke?

Old 10-02-2004 | 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Edelbrock carbs

it doesnt have a choke. it starts fine and i own a dyno and if you think there is only a 1/4 hp difference you my friend are way wrong

Old 10-03-2004 | 03:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Edelbrock carbs

I was joking, sorry. I don't know the actual stats, but that carb has treated me well. The adjustable accelerator pump really does wonders. Where in the spectrum does the FCR add the most for you?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock carbs