Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

drag bikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag bikes

The Saber cylinder is looking good, but remeber the guy said for less $$$ for the over 3K the saber cost...He could build up a bad A$$ 4mill or triple port 350, both capble of 100hp tuned in...for less than that and have some left over to invest in frame mods... If he already owened a 250r, then he would be heading in the right direction...But I would still have to give the nod to the banshee, if I were him...

Old 12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default drag bikes

the banshee is still going to be king for years to come IMO, but a 100hp banshee will not run with a 100hp saber in the 300. remember torque.

Old 12-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default drag bikes

The big single Honda's have a tremendous holeshot. If they get you just a little off the line you better have a lot of power to reel them back in. Hard to do in 300ft.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default drag bikes

Not all the time, but most of the time...That holds true, but what I'm saying he would be better off on the banshee...It will be cheaper to hp's out of it,than the 250r and for what it cost for the saber kit, he could build a faster banshee with that $$$ and then put some paddles and a axle...Just other goodies, a 250r is still not cheap and most are in dire need of a frame up restore...I'm just trying to point this person in the right direction and save him some $$$... Plus can imagine crankin on that thing...I say bump start...LOL

If he had a 250r already, then he would be better off getting the Saber...But all in all if wants to stay with it, he better get a banshee...Just to much out there for them...

Old 12-15-2004, 09:22 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Default drag bikes

you want to go fast you gotta pay the piper.

cost does not print out on timeslips.

sabertooth costs are still pretty much underwraps so its not really worth arguing. the ease of the sabertooth seems to be favoring and there are some big banshee guys jumping all over it. should make for some fun racing.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default drag bikes

Well Neal told me roughly $3700 for the basic package...Give or take a couple hunderd, so image he would know...I'm sure with the right hookup, you may can get it cheaper...But if want to talk about numbers and time slips...Then he would want to build a triple Cheeta and put the Saber to rest...The Saber sounds cool and is turning good numbers for a single cylinder, but its going to take a lot more than that to put the banshee motors down...The point is are the Sabers going to be able to put much more out or our they starting to tap out...I believe more is possible but how much? The Saber just looks cool and would be fun, because its different and is turning out to be a pretty mean cylinder...But the banshee motors, will always be king for now...

" I want to build a bike for sand drags, but I am having a hard time deciding which bike I should do it with. Im kinda stuck in between the zilla, banshee, or raptor... I dont want to spend an a$$ load of cash building them, so what I wanted to know is which bike has the cheapest aftermarket parts, and which one is the easiest to work on for someone who knows how to wrench but is no rocket scientist. "

Read the post...Going by this a Banshee is his logical choice...In your case, the Saber would be...Since it seems you already have a honda...But if its trike, then your going to have to get an atv frame or drag frame...Because the trike frame would require the back bone
to be modded...Would be a cool ride though... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2004, 03:26 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Default drag bikes

3700?!?!?!? if thats the case then you're right. go with the banshee.

and i thought these drag frames were crazy priced. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default drag bikes

i wonder who else has a sabertooth...hmmm....

anyway, 3700 for a sabertooth making 100hp is about the same price to build a banshee of the same hp output and same components. Backshop builders could do 4 and 7mm cheaper, but your still talking stock cylinders and fairly stock engine components. Compared to a sabertooth where you are talking new cylinder, special built piston, bulletproof crank that has been trued, welded, balanced and pretty much unbreakable, reeds, head, lockup, ect ect.. dollar for dollar the honda will run better, longer, and more reliable. hp for hp a honda will always beat a banshee too.

he can build what he wants but nothing better then beating a banshee with a honda.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:52 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Default drag bikes

so is it safe to say crankworks isnt going to lower the price on those cranks? i dont really see why they would after seeing side by side comparisons of the stocker. the thing is beefy as all hell.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default drag bikes

unfortunantly the cranks will be a little pricy. But unlike some of the weaker cranks that are sold these wont wear out any time soon.

Quick Reply: drag bikes