Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Web Cam for 500 Quadrunner

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2000, 12:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of getting a cam from Web Cam for my 2000 Suzuki LTF-500F Quadrunner but then I found out they want your stock cam and $120 and that they weld the lobes to give more lift and I'm a little hesitant on doing this now. I know how when you weld something it gets pits in the metal and you definetly don't want any pits on the lobes of cam since they won't last long at all like that. Does anyone have any experience with these cams and their durability.

Old 09-17-2000, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WebCam is one of the most experienced cam grinders operating, and one of only two I'm aware of commercially grinding cams today on any scale for single-cylinder engines.

WebCam in fact grinds cams for other aftermarket parts supplers who then market the cams with aftermarket trade names.

As to the quality of their welds, fear not; WebCam's hard-weld technique wears well, if you break-in your cam according to instructions.

Now, there's nothing "magic" about a WebCam--a high-performance cam experiences higher loading, increased friction, and in some cases, requires stronger valve springs than a stock setup--the laws of nature are not suspended; a high-lift, radical-profile cam obviously experiences higher wear-producing stresses than a stock cam because of its very design. However, a competent hard-weld does not contribute to that wear.

Further, WebCam provides excellent service; I've received door-to-door turnaround in less than a week from the Eastern seaboard to California and back.

Your only question is, "Do I want an aftermarket cam?"

Tree Farmer

Old 09-17-2000, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

I aggree with tree farmer , and have only one thing to add. Your Suzuki, if like most all
Suzuki's , has hard chromed rocker arms . Chromed rockers can wear prmaturely when stressed . If durability is an issue , send the rockers to web as well, and have them hard welded and reground.
This will insure a longer lasting cam and rockers .

Old 09-17-2000, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the advice guys. I've only got 182 miles on my quad since January and I'm looking for some extra power without having to bore it or stroke it. I'd like to get an exhaust but I don't want it to be too loud since I sometimes use it to get around in the woods during hunting season and I don't want to make it so everyone that hunts up there will have to hear me riding the trails to and from different tree stands. Any ideas for more power.

Old 09-29-2000, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Try an aftermarket air filter.Get a Supertrapp muffler.You can adjust the sound.Rejet.