Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Is alcohol hard on stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is alcohol hard on stuff?

I was thinkin about maybe runnin alcohol but need to know if its hard on stuff. Anybody know?

Old 02-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Alcohol is mainly for drag racing..... Is that what you plan on doing????

Old 02-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Its corrosive to aluminum. You have to purge your carbs system with premix to clean out the Methanol. Alky is good for draggin but not on a trail ride as it is consumed at a faster rate. Stick with race gas. less hassle.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alky burns at a faster rate the gas so you burn allost twice as much as fuel. need larger jets in carb. It builds alot more torque than gas. The harder any thing is ran the harder it is on the motor.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have foud other fuel additives work better than alky in some cases. Look up clotz Nitropane, VP oxygenated fuels ect.. its alot easier to use. It comes in a small bottle that you can bring with you and can be ran in cold weather. Like alky most additives like compression. You can find one that fits your application better. The olny thing that I dont like about nitropropane is that it creates alot of cylinder temp. unlike alky. my 2 cents

Old 02-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

its hard on your liver. sorry i had to! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: speeeedy
its hard on your liver. sorry i had to! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
He He. ___^

I like to feel the carbs after a hard run here in the summer. Ice cold.

Old 02-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider

Well here is a example. I ran lean one night, I had a hole in my piston the size of a quarter.250r. the first seasion running alky with no expierance or knolagde (mind the spelling im drunk) my bike was put back on the trailer every fri sat afternoon. lol. forget to purge, forget your crank,mains, rod bearing, and top end. wow I spelled something rite.lol. $$$$$$= alky. NITROUS= BRAIN. IF YOUR NOT ALL OUT DRAGGIN GO WITH THE N02.if u r DRAGGIN, go with nitromethane+ALKY. Anyone will agree with expiernce.lol

Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Only put nitro and alky in your bike if you want to blow something up.......... As for nitrous, my buddy ran it on a stock stroked 350 banshee last year.... He blew the bike up about 5 times last year.... There are other mebers on this forum like ( Daren420, Thebom, Macanic, Sanddragin ) that all seen it happen... I ran Alcohol last year with no probems at all.......

Old 02-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

As for nitrous, my buddy ran it on a stock stroked 350 banshee last year.... He blew the bike up about 5 times last year....
Your buddy needs a serious lesson on how to use N2O properly.

Quick Reply: Is alcohol hard on stuff?