Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Lonestar swing arm

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2000, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in the process of putting together a second banshee for some time now. (kinda piece by piece)
well.... I will have a full rolling chasis once I get this swing arm installed.
The installation is not a problem..It is a round housing swingarm with the 2 pinch bolts. As I compare the lonestar swing to my 400ex...I notice a difference.
For all you guys that have this arm, Is there supposed to be a rubber gasket in the "crack" that pinches the carrier in place? (thats the best way I can describe it)
My 400ex has the gasket like material in there.
It just seems the carrier and swing arm are left pretty open to the environment.
I have left a message for the guys at lonestar with no response as of yet.
thanks alot.

Old 11-02-2000, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, contact Lonestar.

Old 11-02-2000, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

I do NOT belive there is supposed to be a gasket. I got mine and it did not come with one. Why would it need a gasket??? It is a sealed bearing carrier. There is nothing to get get damaged by water or mud. I have had mine apart several times since I installed it and there is no rust or mud or anything in there.

Old 11-02-2000, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yes thanks for the input....I was just concerned with mud, etc. building up over time....I know that the carrier is sealed.
I talked to lonestar anyway...and they confirmed that there is no gasket of any type for that swingarm. They also recommend tearing down every 50 hrs. for an inspection. Which is more than reasonable.
My main concern was that I ride in the winter on occasion... If the back of the swingarm was to fill with water or snow and then freeze....I figured that the expanding ice would cause stress or grief in the long run. I'll just have to be sure to clean it out good after wet rides.

thanks again for the input.

Old 11-02-2000, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

I got my swingarm thru Cascade (not happy with that process). Cascade failed to mention that I would have to run a chain slider (Banshee type) and so then I called Lonestar to get the parts(actually ordered a TM type) and he also asked if I had the rubber peices for the rear.