Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

twist throttle

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twist throttle

Originally posted by: midnite
I like twisties. I hate thumb throttles, it's like riding one handed. Left hand clenched around grip, right hand laying on top of grip so thumb can reach throttle. Too unsafe for me and my shees. I've got to have both hands wraped around the grips. I also notice I use my front brake alot more with the twisties, easier to reach the lever something. Took me about 2 weeks to get used to it, but I'll never go back to a thumb set up.
that is exactly what i dont like about the thumb throttles, you hold a twist thottle with your whole hand AND thumb while the thumb throttle is kinda half holding on.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default twist throttle

I would also have to agree that the Twist Throttle you would be much happier with. And whoever says that if you get a Twistie and hit a bump, Your not going ot give it more gas, I gaurantee because I own a dirtbike and have for several years now, I go over rythmic jumps, big jumps, little jumps, bumps... and even out of no where there pops a whole. You will more than likely just give it less gas instead of where you would hit a big whole with a thumb, Beings that half your hand on the grip your hand could slip off the grip and *possibly* crash... It's happened before. I prefer a twist over a thumb throttle anyday. Go with the Twist Throttle, You will be more than happy.

Good Luck, Matt

Old 01-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default twist throttle

Originally posted by: Pilgrim
I would also have to agree that the Twist Throttle you would be much happier with. And whoever says that if you get a Twistie and hit a bump, Your not going ot give it more gas, I gaurantee because I own a dirtbike and have for several years now, I go over rythmic jumps, big jumps, little jumps, bumps... and even out of no where there pops a whole. You will more than likely just give it less gas instead of where you would hit a big whole with a thumb, Beings that half your hand on the grip your hand could slip off the grip and *possibly* crash... It's happened before. I prefer a twist over a thumb throttle anyday. Go with the Twist Throttle, You will be more than happy.

Good Luck, Matt

but if your going through woops n falling off the back u will be cranking on the throtle. now if it were thumb u just moove your thumb to the side and get back on the seat.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default twist throttle

Originally posted by: getdrunk
Originally posted by: Pilgrim

Good Luck, Matt

but if your going through woops n falling off the back u will be cranking on the throtle. now if it were thumb u just moove your thumb to the side and get back on the seat.
So have you ever even ridden a quad for more than 5 minuets that had a twist throttle on it?

i know lots of peope think if you fall back that you will crank the gas, but that doesn't happen. theres no better chance that with the twist throttle that that will happen over the regular thumb throttle.

Saying thingslike than is like saying the when your going downhill that with a thumb throttle you will give it gas.

If you actually tried a quad with one and took a ride or two to get used to it, you would probably like it better than the thumb throttle.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default twist throttle

ok well i no falling of the back doesnt mean your gona be cranking on the throtle. but it depends the pezision your hand is in wether u will or not crank back on threotl when falling off the back.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default twist throttle

i have a 350X thats camed,400ex carb,k&n filter,no airbox, aftermarket full exhaust, bored .60 over,12-1 comp, it hauls pretty good and i have a twist throttle on it, i wouldnt change back to thumb throttle for nothing, it does take a little getting used to, but man its better, but i can say it will seperate riders from lever pullers, i say get one and try it for a while, you might like it, but be careful for a little while, i can put you in a mess, just pretend its a new quad and you will be fine

Old 01-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default twist throttle

just got a banshee the other day,im going to put a twist on it and keep the thumb on my kfx. if i like it on the shee i may go for it on the kfx.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default twist throttle

cutting your tumb off is a good reason to switch to a twist throdil (i know i can't spell) also it is what i prefer because usually it takes less effort to get to wide open where i spen most of my time on ice and hill climbs

Old 01-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default twist throttle

yup, they are pretty sweet. Plus if you notice, its all the people who use them that say to get one, and all the people that dont use one that say they suck and what not.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default twist throttle

I love twist throttles but I will say that on my Z-400 it was a little too responsive due to the light carb. spring;On the other hand it is the best thing that ever happened to my YFZ(1/4 turn and she's wide open).

Quick Reply: twist throttle