Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Custom Blaster Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Blaster Parts

Whats up guys, used this forum a whole bunch to help build up my first quad, and now i'm going to get started on a full out rebuild on a blaster. I have a few question for some of the guys on here that have done work on these machines. The machine i will be working on will be pretty much stock to start off with. Of course the obvious engine mods/upgrades will be done right away. Exhaust, filters, reeds, controls ect. That will most likely be followed by the vito 240 kit. SO engine wise i have this thing planed out. Now i'm looking at specing out suspension parts, a-arms, swing arm and shocks. I got a couple questions about the suspension side of it.

1) If I where to buy these parts what brands have people used and what would you recommend. Also sizes people use, i'm thinking of using +2 a-arms, and plus +4 or +5 for the swing arm.

2) This is the main question i want info on, has anyone built there own swing arm or a-arms for these machines. I have full shop access and can weld very well. So if anyone has built one please let me know how and what you did. This is a project quad for the winter which is why i would like to do a few custom parts like this. I have seen a few people strech a stock swing arm but i'm more interested in building one from scratch. Few other parts are going to be custom made, things such as levers, pedals, nerfs, few other billet parts.

Any info is always helpfull.

Also any opinions on this project would be helpfull. Hints and and helpfull knowledge is always good!

Cheers
Paul

Old 09-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Theres alot of blaster specific sites you might check them out. This page has links to alot of blaster sites click here. I've been planning on extending the swing arm on my blaster too, don't have areal plan yet. There is a guy on Blaster Riders that extends them for $85 , you join that site and check out the pictures to get a idea how to do it, plus some other info about blasters. Here a link Blaster Riders

Old 09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

I did pretty much what you're talking about last winter. Here is a whole write up and pictorial on the project: http://www.dunereview.com/forums/ind...showtopic=2588

Now the Blaster which my son rides is a competitive machine. I can even ride and jump it out in the dunes and it's very fun.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the help guys, I alos found a website that shows how to completely rebuild your swing arm to make it what ever length you need it. Wicked write up on the rebuilkd of your machine shady, thats going to help me every step of the way thanks for hte help guys and if there is anything i need i'll be sure to ask!!
Cheers
Paul