Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Eric Gorr porting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2000, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever used this guy? His porting is cheap, I mean really cheap and I was wondering how good he is.

Right now, I think I am going to go with MacDizzy but I am just checking things out.

Old 12-08-2000, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

Hey whats up
I am about to recieve my 88 250r cylinder back from eric gorr today. I will try it next week. I will tell you if he did a good job or not.

Peace

Old 12-08-2000, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cool, thanks for the info.

What type of setup (i.e. modifications to your engine) are you currently running?

Also, what type of riding do you do and what type of porting did you pick? I would assume that most 250s would pick the overall improvement porting that he lists.

I'm interested to see what you think of his work.

Old 12-08-2000, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

Ok I got my cylinder back today. The first thing I notice is that they cleaned it very well. The must of run some kind of wire brush on the outside of the cylinder, looks nice. They did base matching on the top of the cylinder and bottom of the cylinder. Looks like a new cylinder.
I asked for the mo-better-everywhere porting job.

They used some kind of dremel like tool to do the ports. The porting was good no major changes, a mild port job. The only thing that I dont get is that they said they would polish my exaust port, but all they did was grind it and make it a little bigger, but I will polish it myself later on.

The job was cheap.
Porting was like 100 bucks
I also told them to oder a prolite wiseco piston for me and gaskets. That was another 100 bucks and the did the boring and honing for 55 bucks.

Total was 255 plus 5 for shipping.

I will see if I can try it this week. The thing is that my head is all messed up. I piece of a ring broke and it did a number on the head. I will see if can polish that. If not I am gonna have to wait until I get my coolhead.

Well peace, if you have any other questions ask away.
wheww

Old 12-08-2000, 10:36 PM
RD
Weekend Warrior

They talk highly of him at dirt rider.com.

Old 12-08-2000, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

Why didnt you send your head in for mods??? Head mods are just as important as the porting!

Old 12-09-2000, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

I had Eric do some porting on my 250R cylinder a couple years ago...to make the cylinder run how I'd like it to, I had to run 2 base gaskets. all in all, the porting is very good for the money.

Old 12-10-2000, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

I didnt get head mod cuz I am getting a coolhead.
Peace yeeps

Old 12-12-2000, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Well Yeeps, how did that port work come out? We are all wondering....

Old 12-12-2000, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

Well I am gonna test it this weekend and I will tell you about it monday. I hope I can break it in before it gets to dark, so I can rip it.
Today I am gonna start the polishing of the exaust port. I already order the coolhead from nacs and I will be getting it soon.
I'll post by then, peace.

Quick Reply: Eric Gorr porting?