Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Two Stroke Oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-1999, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got a '92 Yamaha Blaster and it is all modified. It has FMF pipes, ported and polished head, bored .75 over and has the oil injector block off kit. I am wondering about the oil, The guy I got it from told me to run Castor 927 at a 32:1 ratio. But to get that oil I would have to drive about an hour away. Would I be able to run Havoline TC-W3 two stroke oil in it, or would it cause problems? Or would something like castrol be better? If I run either one, what ratio should I run it at? One other problem I am havin is with the Pro-Design kill switch that is on it. When ever I go to pull it off, I get shocked, is it a bare wire? Also, can I have a diagram or something to hook up the headlight? I am familliar with Honda wiring, but not Yamaha. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-08-1999, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have ran HP2($5 for 16oz) and Castrol Super Snowmobile Oil($1.50 for 32oz).

I saw absolutny no difference in these two. Some people see the need to run expensive synthetic oil. You might feel better with it.

If you really want to run 927 then look through a mag for a shop offering killer prices on a case.

Old 09-10-1999, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Adam,

As far as your Pro-Design Kill Switch "Shocking" is concerned, simply reverse the wires. You have it hooked up backwards. It still works this way, but you get shocked if you try and hold the switch bar out.

FYI: I purposely hooked mine up this way. My quad was stolen earlier this summer, but I got it back. I hooked up my Pro-Design Killswitch backwards so it shocks anyone who trys to run off with it while I am killin' a few "cool ones" in my local pub! I ride exclusively in Mexico and "bar-hop" on my Banshee. This is when they get stolen.

To keep it from gettin' ripped off again as I am drinking some brewski's, I have installed a homemade alarm on it. I bought an inexpensive motion detector car alarm (Bulldog Brand) at K-Mart. It has a remote control arm/disarm module. I hooked it up to a 7.2v Lithium-Ion Cellular Phone Battery and installed it under my seat. Anytime someone sits on it while it is "armed" the alarm goes off and makes a heck of a racket.

It works greattttttttttt. I charge the battery with my Cell Phone Battery Charger after making a few modifications to the cord/plug. I can get about 14 days of alarm protection with this battery.

The alarm doesn't have any type of "engine kill" feature, but it makes a helluva noise!

As far as oil is concerned, I absolutely love running Power Plus Oil in my 98 Banshee. I run it at 45:1 with Race Gas. It out performs every other oil I have ever tried!

My Banshee is ported/polished, Wiseco Pistons, Coolhead with 19cc Domes, Clutch Kit, Single Trinity Carb and K&N Filter. It rocks! However, I have over $25k in it so it should!

By the way, LONESTAR Products are the best! Don't bother with anyone else. I have spent well over $10k at Lonestar and they have lived up to everything I could ever expect!

Good luck!

Rob R.
98 Banshee
98 Sport 400
Phoenix, AZ and
Rock Pointe, Mexico

------------------

[This message has been edited by rob4092 (edited 09-10-1999).]

Old 09-11-1999, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

Adam, I too run Power PLus premix oil in my LT500R. I have had very good luck with it so far.
Rob, the alarm setup sound's cool! Where did you mount the horn speaker?.....Herbert in AZ.

http://community.webtv.net/murdo77/QuazillaZone

------------------
Herbert~~99Wolverine & 89LT520

Old 09-21-1999, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

i have had great success with klotz supper racing oil in my blaster
98'blaster

Old 09-22-1999, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

with it bored .075 over, i'd invest in a better oil. I run PJ1 Goldfire Pro, but others will do including Amsoil, Yamalube, and many others I can't think of.

P.S. even bored that much, you'll be lucky if it adds 2 HP, very serious about that.

Old 09-23-1999, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Herbert C.:

The Bulldog Brand Alarm I bought at the Ahwatukee K-Mart has the motion sensor and siren all in one small box. It also comes with a Key Fob Transmitter to arm and disarm the alarm.

The alarm comes with two wires, one red and one black. Simply cut off the alligator clips on the end of each wire (they are designed to attach directly to a car's 12v battery) and solder a male connector to it (available at Radio Shack). Solder the female end of the connector to the battery. Do the same with your battery charger.

Now you have a battery that you can remove and charge very easily.

I mounted the whole deal under my seat. It takes the place of the tool pouch holder.

The alarm retails at K-Mart for about $40.00. Once you get a look at the alarm, you will be able to see what I did. It is very simple!

What ratio do you run your Power Plus at? Do you use racing gas?

Good Luck!

Rob R.