Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Jet Size for 99 Warrior?

Old 09-16-1999, 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like some help jetting my warrior. I have a DG pipe and a K&N filter. So far i have moved the needle clip down a notch and tried 150, 155, 160,and 170 size jets along witht the K&N and have had no luck. I get constant engine break up and no throttle response. I need to know what the jet kits that are available for the warriors tell you in the instructions. What size main jet and where to set the Air/fuel screw at.DO i need a new needle? Please help all Warrior owners out there!

Old 09-17-1999, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

What altitude are you at?

You should be fine with the 150-155 main and a raised carb needle.

You said it surges constantly? have you checked your float setting and any dirt in your carb?

Heapster
400cc Wicked Warrior....

Old 09-23-1999, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Boomer- i just moved the needle clip down one notch, the instructions that came with my pipe told me to do that along with a bigger main jet(150). With this setup once I get to about half throttle is when my problem starts to occur. I stop right there and don't even try going any faster casue it sounds like crap. Anyway with the stock 145 jet and stock A/F everything is fine. Plug is reading normal too. I just want to go faster. Is yours jetted. If so let me in on some info thanx for the help.

Old 09-23-1999, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vaughn, Didn't we just have this dance via numerous e-mails just recently when I suggested running a 155 main jet and leaving your needle jet in the normal, center slot? Didn't I also tell you that the shop manual gives an air screw adj. of two turns out?
I'm amazed that after asking for all this info that you just ignore it & continue to fiddle with the jetting. With your main at 155 & needle in the center
slot, your jetting is fine. Your problem is elsewhere. What about the boots to the carb..are you sure they're not sucking air? Did you poke a hole in one with a screw driver putting them back on?
On a 99 model the chances are minimal that you need a new needle jet, assuming that you didn't bend it or otherwise damage it.
You've had a lot of advice from several people on this, most, if not all, helpful, so if you REALLY want to be confused, go ahead & get a jet kit & just change everything.

THE AZ HARD PACKER, calmiller@kachina.net

------------------
save your riding area! join the Blue Ribbon Coalition online @www.sharetrails.org

[This message has been edited by hot_shoe_cv (edited 09-23-1999).]

[This message has been edited by hot_shoe_cv (edited 09-23-1999).]

Old 09-23-1999, 02:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Heapster-For the jetting; I am located at sea level in NJ and i tried the 150 and 155 jet with the K&N with and with out a drilled air box lid. The needle is raised 1 notch. tried different settings for that too. same results. I tried different air fuel screw settings too. Stumped! the only thing i can imagine left to do is get a different size needle . but what size i don't know. I want to know EXACTLY is included and what kind of instructions are in the K&N power Jet kit that they sell in Dennis Kirk catalog they sell. CONFUSION!

Old 09-23-1999, 02:24 PM
Range Rover

Why did you mess w/ the needle. What range is your problem occurring at, low, mid, top? There is a fuel circuit for each of these. What does the plug read? Give me more info and I will try to help.

------------------
Boomer '99 Wolverine

Old 09-23-1999, 05:18 PM
Range Rover

Dude.. Put the needle back to its original slot, jump to the 150 or 155. The problem is not with the main, its with the needle. The main controls flow from abut upper mid to full throttle. The needle controls low mid to mid range. I have a 350 in my Wolverine with Mega Max II pipe, torque stuffer, Pro Flow and box. I have yet to mess with the needle, run a 160 and it rips. By the way DG pipes arent the best choice for a thumper. Just my opinion.

------------------
Boomer '99 Wolverine

Old 09-25-1999, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

I have a 95 Wolverine (highly modified)
I run my needle clip on the 2nd groove,
And a 140 main at sea level, 137.5 3000 to 6000, and a 135 for anything above that...
The people selling you your bike, and these products, dont want you to run the slightest bit lean for liability on there part.
Leaner means more power, but higher temps.
If you take note on how warm your engine is getting, and dont feal any lean missfires, your probably ok...
However Im a master auto tech. for 20 years, so I have an ear for these things.
So be careful, and dont over jet...

http://homepages.msn.com/YosemiteDr/...4x4/index.html