Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Quadzilla Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-1999, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all - 1st time here, but not a newbe! I need to completely rebuild my quadzilla after a 4th gear endo, tumble and at least 2 1/2 gainer by a now very sore relative of my girlfriends. I need to put on a new pipe, and I was wondering if any body had any feed back. It seems the chocies are Trinity, FMF, and DG. Any experience with these? Any other suggestions? I ride in the dunes only, Pismo, Oregon Dunes and Glaimis for the 1st time next month!!! Thanks fo any help...

90 Quadzilla 530, 97 Banshee built, 96 Banshee stock, 97 Blaster stock and last but not least, 97 Toyota T-100 (The T100 ALWAYS draws a crowd at Pismo)

------------------
90 Quadzilla 530, 97 Banshee built, 96 Banshee stock, 97 Blaster stock and last but not least, 97 Toyota T-100 (The T100 ALWAYS draws a crowd at Pismo)

Old 10-01-1999, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

We had a LRD pipe on and it was pretty good. I certainly wouldnt recomend a DG. Take a look at the Duncan pipe also. I havent seen a trinity pipe, but their pipes are the only things I would try of theres.

Old 10-01-1999, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Banzilla,
Would you T100 happen to be a white extended cab? There was a guy out at Pismo a couple of weekends ago in a white T100 driving all crazy and stuff in one of the bowls in the back. Everyone was standing around wathching waiting too see if he was going to roll it down one of the dunes. If that was you I feel really bad for that poor truck. It must have taken a couple of weeks just to get the sand out. His lady seemed to be enjoying the ride though.

Old 10-01-1999, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

I would try LRD, they manufacture pipes for Big-Bore motors, and try Duncan next. I would definitely steer clear of the DG pipe, like Brandon said.

Old 10-04-1999, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yup - That was me and my T100. Been duning the T100 ever since I bought it, and except for bending the bump stops clean off, I haven't had a problem with it yet! Although when you turn on the defrosters, you get a wonderful reminder of pismo all over your face!

I know most people gather to watch for a roll or crash of some sort, and that will most likely happen one day, but I have been doing this for a while, and have LOTS of racing experience so when it does happen, I won't be surpriozed. I bought the truck to play, and play I do. I have it just about pushed to the limits in stock form, now after the TRD supercharger and suspension work is done, then come and watch! Ok, so I admit it - I am a show off! But it is SOOOO much fun to be at the limit... My pit crew bought me a T-shirt after a bad road-racing crash that sums it up... "It's not if, but when and how bad"

Craig.

Old 10-04-1999, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

PS I never bother to clean out the sand cause I am in the dunes every couple of weeks so it would be pointless. As far as the truck goes, you would be surprized what a stock Toyota can take - with the proper maintence. As far as the girl goes, she loves it! It took a while for her to get over the fear of 'flying' in the truck, but now she really gets off on it. I have a picture of that T100 about 5' in the air at the hill just south of and perpendicular to comp. hill with the truck in launch position after a fourth (low) gear run to the top. Yahooooooo - That did get a scream out of the girl!

See ya at the dunes

Old 10-05-1999, 09:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey banzilla
I had a quadzilla, and I ran a Duncan/ Paul Turner pipe. I loved it, I had more power all though the powerband and it really came on at the top.