Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

FMF Fattys for Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-1999, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toomies Toomies Toomies are what you here when it comes to king of the pipes for a Banshee. I can attest that the FMFs run right with them per experience at Glamis a couple of weeks ago. I have the same mods as a friend of mine with the exception of the pipes ( he has Toomies ). We raced comp hill and the results had me slightly in the lead. The only jetting difference was that he had 310 mains and I ran with 320s. I am very pleased with the results and saved about $100 on the pipes, assuming that you chrome the Toomies.

------------------
Skene '00 Banshee

Old 11-25-1999, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you. The toomeys are king of the dyno, while FMF's are king of the real world. The fmf's have a wider spread, which lets you stay in the power while the toomeys are trying to get to there peak. Toomeys are very fast, and with the right rider they are faster, but it takes keeping them at peak to be faster. The fmf's are a very fast pipe for anybody though.

Old 11-25-1999, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

toomeys toomeys toomeys is right!! first off on the dyno the toomeys win, it depends on the rider for what happened with you and your friend at glamis, and the toomeys look a hell of a lot beter than the ugly fmf pipes, so in my mind the toomey is alot better, and also the toomey kit comes complete with a jet kit(perfect), and also chrome pipes(look great), and another thing, airfilter setup including airbox vents(unless u get the 2:1 assembly thing) you can also get some boyesen reeds with the package but i dont like the boyesen so...i think tomey is quite better bang for the buck

Old 11-25-1999, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

Blue_Banshee, they have package deals on all pipes. Toomies, fmf, bills and pro circuit. You can get them all for about the same price. Your bias due to the fact thats what you have. They also make the fmf in chrome and not so much the nickel plate now. They are both great pipes. Toomey says they have the best pipe and fmf says the same. Of course they are going to say that. Its called SALES!!! People need to get over he ego factor and enjoy the riding instead of worrying about whos is best due to the after market goodies. I have run agains toomies and beaten them and been beaten. Its the idea of having a good time that counts.

Old 11-25-1999, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lets not forget paul Turner pipes, I have a set of hi-revs, and my brother has toomeys, other than that are bikes are the same, even color, and i can consistantly beat him by two bike lenghts. They are a little bit more expensive, but worth it to me, and duncan also sells them in a kit, with jets, reeds and air filter kit.

Old 11-25-1999, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

DuneScooter: to those who do drag race for some serious bucks(like myself), they do care about which one has the most power and which one doesnt, now even tho i dont drag race with the banshee that has toomey pipes(i drag race witha banshee with drag pipes and meag motor work) i know that the toomeys look, perform, and sound better when i am riding it against other bikes...maybe it is just my opinion...

Old 11-26-1999, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Blue banshee, when did you get that banshee with the drag pipes and MEGA motor work????? I dont recall you having one of those. Anyways, I have a tad more experience in the high ranks of atv drags, and the fmf's are very good pipes. The toomeys are great, and I would probably get those myself, becuase I am a very agressive rider, but the fmf's are easier to ride and stay on the pipe longer(maybe not as high a rpm, but they come on earlier. On a stock motor I think the fmf's are probably better. Personaly I think nothing compares to a drag pipe!! I am waiting on a set of new ones right now, and I have LRD's on. The LRD's are also awesome, they pull very good all the way down the track. I was amazed that a tuck pipe could run like they do.

Old 11-28-1999, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

I am not knocking Toomies. They are great pipes I just think you get more bang for the buck with the FMFs. Besides, FMFs and Toomies are almost identical in dyno tests and in dimensions too with the exception of the silencers.

We raced again at Glamis over Turkey weekend with the same jetting this time and I consistently won at Olds Hill. It may not be the pipes though. I have heard that some Banshees are inherently faster than others from the factory.

------------------
Skene '00 Banshee

Old 12-03-1999, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

i would get LRD pipes

Old 12-03-1999, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a set of Toomey T-5's on my bike and I love them. I've run against bikes with FMF's and I have never lost to one of them on the hill in the dunes. I have been told that that FMF's have more low end while T-5's are more of a top end pipe. I have yet to see any of the new Pro Circuit pipes on a Banshee but I have a Pro Circuit pipe on my CR250 and it is great. I would expect the Pro Circuit Banshee pipes to be very good also. By the way chrome kiss *** over nickel plate any day!

------------------
1998 Banshee Toomey T-5's Single Uni filters w/Outerwears Lots of crome

Quick Reply: FMF Fattys for Banshee