Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Banshee pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-1999, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rocky, You said that the LRD pipes really rip around the MX track. I was just wondering where you set them for the MX track, also how do you set them for Dunes? Do you race? Do yo have any other mods done to your Banshee? If so what are they? I am looking at the LRD's pretty hard, and was just wanting to get some info about them. How do set them, I have heard you simply adjust them by moving a couple of bolts, is that true? Could you send me some pics of your Banshee?
rcoonrod@netexas.net

thanks,
Brad Coonrod (116)

Old 12-19-1999, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Rocky, You said that the LRD pipes really rip around the MX track. I was just wondering where you set them for the MX track, also how do you set them for Dunes? Do you race? Do yo have any other mods done to your Banshee? If so what are they? I am looking at the LRD's pretty hard, and was just wanting to get some info about them. How do set them, I have heard you simply adjust them by moving a couple of bolts, is that true? Could you send me some pics of your Banshee?
rcoonrod@netexas.net

thanks,
Brad Coonrod

Old 12-19-1999, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

FMF Fatty Torque pipes (for duning). Any questions?????

If you are in the market for pipes, you may want to hold out for a new model from FMF called SST pipes. According to a catalog I have, they are supposed to be available in Jan '00.

OK I may be a little blunt here and there are many variables in a race, BUT!!! I raced several Banshees last weekend at Glamis' Olds Hill and always came out ahead. And yes, several of those machines were equiped with Toomies. I also have reeds and a Pro Flow (air box cover off), but who doesn't.

I consistently beat a friend of mine with a '99, at olds, who has the same mods as me with the exception of the Toomies.

Perhaps Yamaha secretly made the 2000's faster. NOT a chance!!!!

------------------
Skene '00 Banshee

Old 12-19-1999, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting quote from the product review section on the atvconnection page.

"Mike Fairbanks at FMF informed us that FMF dyno tested their pipes against the T5s and both peak at the exact same level."

I guess a year of riding has paid it's toll when racing against my buddies FMF piped Banshee.

Read the review. It's informative.

Old 12-19-1999, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

What are the SST's going to be made for(duning, mx, cc,or play)?

Old 12-20-1999, 01:43 AM
Range Rover

someone wanted to know what fmf pipes i got, i got the fattys i think they are the woods, im not sure i bought them from magic raceing it was a power package, i have the boost bottle,reed spacers, power reeds, 280 jets, diff needles,a unifilter,and i just put a cool head on it and it is a 99 banshee but i havent done anything to the inside of the motor yet, and i got power core 2 silencers

Old 12-21-1999, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have got my choice narrowed down to either LRD adjustable pipes or Pro Circuits new pipes. I was just wondering, are the LRD's ok to run with a stock engine? Mine is stock right now, but in the future I might get a port job on it. Like every one else said, the Pro Circuits are probably good pipes because of there name in motorcycle MX. But it would also be nice to be able to tune your pipes in to what ever kind of riding you are going to be doing, like on the LRD's.

Old 12-21-1999, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

The LRD pipes work very well on a stock motor but if you are thinking about porting sent the cylinders to LRD also and you will really rip. I have a ported 380 big bore kit by LRD with the adjustable pipes and this thing is scary fast and totally reliable. Even before the big bore kit my bike was very fast.

Old 01-29-2000, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Rocky, I am considering LRD pipes as well. I am still torn between the Toomeys and LRD though. I really do most riding on wide trails so I guess the LRD's are probably better. Did you lose power in any other part of the powerband compared to stock?

Also I don't know what the LRD's look like on a Banshee. Do you know where some photos are of them on a bike?
Did LRD help direct you on setting up the jetting?

Thanks and happy riding!

Chad