Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

snorkel diogram please

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snorkel diogram please

can anyone send like a diorgram on how to install a snorkel kit for my 02 wolverine 350

Old 12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

There is no "diagram" You just have to pretty much make it up as you go. Whatever you like and what works for your bike. I'll tell you what I did though. Starting at the air box. You have to put a bunch of dielectric greese on the air box lid or like mine was pretty jacked up I had to silicone it down. Also silicone the factory rubber boot to the air box lid (it will leak if not). Next using a hose clamp, clamp a 2" PVC 45° elbow in the factory air intake horn (you will need to cut the horn down from stock length). Next cement a piece of flexable 2" PVC into the elbow and run it up over the carb and down the right side of the motor right under the gas tank. (Zip tie it to the frame off the carb) From there you have to make a mounting plate to go up thru your plastic and mount to your front rack or mount to the plastic. I did mine right in front of the steering stem so I had to use a more flexible tubing to weave thru the frame. Its just kind of make it up as you go. The other things to do are run the vent line off your carb to a high place. Mine is unre the steering stem. Also plug the overflow on the bottow of your carb. It will let water in your float bowl. Lastly you will need to mount a nipple on your airbox or the 45° elbow so you can pipe the crankcase vent into it. Good luck and I hope this helps you.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

Here is a link to a picture of where my snorkle comes out. The plate that mounts to the plastic I made out of aluminum and rivited it to the plastic. The tubing I have that you can see up top is gas filler hose. Its really expensive ($12/ft.) but works great.

http://inlinethumb43.webshots....8766992S500x500Q85.jpg