Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Light Modification Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light Modification Not Working

Ok i did the headlight modification (low beam and high beam to come on at the same time) using the relay instead of thew diode and it didnt change anything the lights still operate the same. I triple checked everything and i cant figure out whats wrong. I used the directions and schematic from a couple of posters in here. Yellow wire spliced to the 86 terminal, brown wire spliced to the 85 terminal, red with white stripe to the 87 terminal, and green to the 30 terminal. All these wires being the ones going to the indicators inside the pod just under the headlight (yellow/high beam) (brown/neutral reverse) (red/middle) (green/neutral reverse. Should i have spliced the 85 terminal to the brown wire going the lighter/auxilary instead of the brown wire going to the neutal/reverse indicator? and the 87 termimal to the red power wire going to the lighter/auxilary also? i did see another post where that was the way to do it but i figured the red going to the auxilary mite be too much power for the switch to handle. I am electrically challenged as you can see so any help here would be much appreciated!!!