Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Mod and customizations

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sound b!!!!!

We all know music means one thing enjoyment and when it comes to this guy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TIVZRM8?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TIVZRM8?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_2
It means PARTYS, GIRLS, BEER AND MURICA.
turn a boring ride into this
Just hook it up on the back or front and get the PARTY going

Old 04-02-2017, 03:36 AM
Trailblazer
Default Storage

We all know that feeling when you go for a ride and there aint storage for things like ropes, water, etc. BUT thanks to this guy

You will have alot of storage
https://www.amazon.com/Plano-1510-01-Rear-Mount-Storage/dp/B000P4332I https://www.amazon.com/Plano-1510-01-Rear-Mount-Storage/dp/B000P4332I

Old 04-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've put 8" tall aftermarket rear rack extensions on all of my utility ATVs. My cooler is too big to fit in a cargo box so I bungee it to the rack and the extension and it stays standing up 99% of the time. I have to hit the whoop-dee-doos really hard to tip it over. Without the tall extension it was hard to even keep my cooler on the rack and I couldn't keep it standing up. Polaris never used to make the tall rack extensions, just short ones. I got my tall ones from American Manufacturing but they quit making them. Here's a 7" tall one that Polaris makes now. Ultimate Series- Rear Rack Extender 7" | Polaris ATV

Old 04-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default wow

My friend has a polaris and is ALWAYS complaining about how little storage he has on his quad hopefully this will help him

Old 04-03-2017, 05:08 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by quadlover222
My friend has a polaris and is ALWAYS complaining about how little storage he has on his quad hopefully this will help him
That's funny because to my knowledge Polaris has more built-in storage than anyone else. There's a box built into the front rack with about 6 gallons capacity. Because of the odd shape some things won't fit but if you pack it right it holds more than you might think. I can fit a denim jacket and 30" bow saw and a couple other things in mine at the same time. AFAIK no one else has any storage in the front rack. I can't remember how many quart bottles of Powerade I can fit in my rear storage but I think it's 4 or 5. I carry a lot of stuff in mine. Polaris has the highest rack capacity that I know of so you can haul a lot of weight if you can fit it on the racks, and the rack extension will help keep it there.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
That's funny because to my knowledge Polaris has more built-in storage than anyone else. There's a box built into the front rack with about 6 gallons capacity. Because of the odd shape some things won't fit but if you pack it right it holds more than you might think. I can fit a denim jacket and 30" bow saw and a couple other things in mine at the same time. AFAIK no one else has any storage in the front rack. I can't remember how many quart bottles of Powerade I can fit in my rear storage but I think it's 4 or 5. I carry a lot of stuff in mine. Polaris has the highest rack capacity that I know of so you can haul a lot of weight if you can fit it on the racks, and the rack extension will help keep it there.
​​​​​​​He complains a lot about the storage space tho I wants it big enough to carry huge loads

Old 04-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

1987 Honda Foreman TRX350D

Been looking for ideas, shopping for parts. Looks like it needs rings, but maybe an overbore, piston, etc. Need tires too, but I don't need big mudders, stock or a nice dual-sport tread would be good. 11" wheels doesn't make it easy to find tires.

Once it's all up and running, I'm going to need a 'lounge' seat/box, something like this Quadboss Weekender: Quadboss Weekender ATV Rear Seat Rack Cargo Storage Trunk Box Passenger Luggage | eBay Will probably need to add some pegs so the passenger doesn't have to dangle her feet.

Since it has a hemi head: White Front Grille Metal Emblem Badge W/ Mount On For Dodge HEMI R/T Accessories | eBay

It's blue, but thinking about a camo paint job, maybe. There are some nice camo seat covers available too.

If I don't do the camo, I found this reflective 'tape' in a lot of different patterns. I like the black/white checkers, but also thinkin' black/yellow with some crash test marker circles here and there.

Reflective tapes: 30CM/3M/5M Reflective Safety Warning Conspicuity Tape Film Sticker Multicolor | eBay

Crash test markers: 6 Pack Crash Test Dummy Stickers LAMINATED Funny Vinyl Decal Car Truck Window | eBay

It's too bad the Rancher cylinder kit won't fit. Found kits at $138 with cylinder, piston, rings, gaskets/seals, air/oil filters, and a spark plug! jeesh

Old 04-18-2017, 11:05 PM
Moto Psycho

Get whatever kind of storage trunk you want but you should be aware that riding double on a one-person quad is illegal in most places. If you plan on riding public trails you may want to rethink it.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

Forgot about the 2up rule on certain trails. There are a couple of those trails I've been wanting to check out, but we've got plenty of riding available without bumping into the 2up rule.

Still would've ruined the day, towing 2-3 hours to the big public trail, then have to rent a machine or go home.

Funny how 2up is taboo on those trails, but 2up on a secondary road is ok, even with no helmets.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Trailblazer
Talking Cellphone holder

PHONES. We all have them and we all need them but do you carry yours safely when riding? Probably not! well you could buy a cellphone holder or you COULD MAKE ONE. phone mount motorcycle bike atv 4 wheeler | eBay theres one but if you want to make one just get a pouch and some mounting squares and mount it on ur ATV!!!

IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY OTHER PHONE MOUNT OR HOLDER IDEAS PLEASE REPLY!