Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Namura Piston Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever tried one? I noticed in the ad it said +5 hp for a blaster. Is it anything like a Vito's?

Old 07-29-2001, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

The Namura piston kits are very good piston's they are cast instead of forged they are really light piston's and super strong with a bisulfied coated which reduce friction. The aluminum material that the pistons are made out of have silicon impregnated into piston which further reduces piston wear. They increase crank pressure 8 to 12psi. They also add +5hp. I've talked to lots of people that are using the Namura piston's and they will never go back to forged again. My engine builder recomends the Namura power pistons to everyone. If you would like further information email me at cdkostman@hersheytel.net

Old 07-31-2001, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do these compare to the Vitos pistons? I heard they were good. I was gonna go with one of them but now i dont know.

Old 08-08-2001, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer

they don't! and are a complete rip off from the vito's pistons which are patended so I hope those rip offs get exactly what they deserve

Old 08-08-2001, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

Peterbilt

Have you ever tried the Namura Power Pistons, or seen them before? They are very good high quality pistons and are matched pistons, I know what your opinion is on them but I was just wondering if you have ever used them or seen them.

Old 08-08-2001, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

The fact of the matter is: I can't use a vito's power piston because it has a slot cutout to correct the error in exhaust timing. I can use a namura because it doesn't. Since the namura and vito's are cut differently and made in a different way, the namura can't be a rip-off of a vito's. Just because they both claim to produce an additional 5 hp doesn't mean they achieve it the same way.

I would use a vito's if I could, but that slot would work out to be a disadvantage for me because I have a powervalve that corrects the timing automatically.

Old 08-09-2001, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

I am sorry for jumping the gun and NO I havn't tried the namura piston out I just assumed it was a clone of the vito's piston if I knew it was creating the H.P. in a different way I would have felt differently thanx for the 411 but I do know that there is a company (not sure who) that did directly rip off the design from vito I just assumed it was the namura piston ,I guess I was wrong so basicaly whats the method of the namura piston's way of creating hp?

Old 08-09-2001, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

From what I've heard, it is cast, not forged. It has a higher silicone content than a weisco(or vito's) so it is lighter. It has much larger intake ports.

I don't know all of the details about this piston, but I do know that it isn't as strong because of the high silicone level.

cdracing knows more about it.

Old 08-09-2001, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have used both Namura and Vitos piston kits. The namuras are a joke. I installed them and 4 days later they were trashed. Both pistons were cracked on the intake bridge. Pretty weak if you ask me. The Namura pistons are also designed for a stock head, you cannot use these pistons with a cool head. Your squish will be .015 too small. Here is how Namura came about. The man behind Namura has known Vito for a very long time. Vito developed his pistons and found out that they worked. So, the Namura man, sent one of Vitos pistons to be copied. Thats why the namuras have the same specs. What Namura doesnt realize is that Vito changed the cut on his dome to a dual angled dome, which allows his piston to work with various head combos. The Namuras dont have this. All that crap about how the coating and what not are so great on the namura is garbage, after 4 days, i didnt have any more pretty coatings like i did when i installed them. So, i decided that i would go and talk to the man behind Namuras, since he is located 15 minutes from me and see whats up. He told me to my face that he copied Vitos Piston. Then the guy proceeded to tell me that he tells his employees of Magic Motorsports to act like they don't know anything. So that when someone like me has a problem, they can use that as an excuse. After almost smacking this guy in the face i decided to go to Vitos and chat with Vito. Vito told me the same thing, Namura copied his piston. He also told me that he re cut his domes when he learned of Namura copying his pistons. Dirt817, u can use Vitos Power Pistons, u cant use his Superstock Pistons, they have the notch for the exhaust port, not the Power Pistons. Sure the Namuras will work with a stock head and what not. But the point is, they are CAST and they wont hold up to any harsh riding. They are as close to a RIP OFF as they come. Peterbilt, you were right, it was Namura ripping off Vitos design, u can measure the entire piston and every spec is the same.

Old 08-15-2001, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I give all the answers and no one responds........

Quick Reply: Namura Piston Kits