Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

98shee,I have an xtra $1200 what should i buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried it all, I sure would like to try out this new beast I've read so much about. its a otaly stock 98 shee with no fire to the plug, i overrode the torrs, the headlight shines when i kick it over, one person told me hte coil wasn't getting any juice and it may be the cdi? if so where can i get one a t a reasonable price? I also have about $1200 to fix her up a little. HOW would you spend it?thx sharkfin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] stator was out, found one for$200 off a wrecked shee,its fast stock, first rhing ill change (switch to twist throttle)then the other mods,, still stuck between toomey t5's or fmf sst or gnarly's, i wish one of the mags had an all out no holds bar shoot out for shee pipes, mabey we should all e-mail atv sport!

Old 12-29-2001, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a boost bottle, toomies, and bigger or bored carbs

Old 12-30-2001, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

I'd get an RZ top end and POWER VALVE IT!!! Spend what left on some huggies in your size... from what I hear, you'll need 'em [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2001, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

pipes for your type of ridding,reeds,cool head,new air filter set up(most important)and you'll be good next you can go for some power pistons or a lite port.Don't waste money on a boost bottle,reed spacers,bigger carbs but take the tors off the carbs that you do have and you will be fast -jack p.s if you need a new cdi get the dyna ignition...dont listen to people i have it and its great,just make sure that u get the programable one for later..

Old 12-30-2001, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

thx for the info guys, i just got it running it needed as stator, the guy i bought it from must have tried to drown it , but hey it was only $1500 and looked new, i got to say copared to my warrior its fast fast fast, cant wait to get it to the dunes,theres no where around hereto open her up, and man does that front end flip up when you hit the throttle, HELP! I'M ADDICTED!!!! yes i think pipes(fmf fattys?) stage 2 air cleaner set up . better than stock reeds and a ported head would be just fine, ive heard good things about a performance water impeller,,and i heard a boost bottle may cause it to hard start(althou just a little) and ill still have a few bucks left over for some all important paddle tires,,, thx alot see ya at the dunes

Old 01-01-2002, 07:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man,
Wish I could find a banshee for $1500. Anyway, for sure get rid of the stock air filter setup. A Pro flow and wither K&N w/outwear or a UNI foam filter (I use a K&N), but make sure you buy the Pro flow to fit the type of filter you plan to use because you cant use a foam filter with the pro flow that is designed for the K&N. I would also get the mega impellor. I bought mine earlier this year and have yet to overheat. As far as the cool head, id skip it. You can shave your stock head .040 to get your compression up. My friend has a cool head and he still over heats from time to time. With the new impellor you get the added cooling that banshees need and you save about $150 to $170 going with the shaved head and impellor over a cool head. for $550 i bought a complete power package that included FMF Fatties, boost bottle, reeds, and reed spacers. Its hard to tell if the boost bottle and reeds helped or not as I installed it all at one time, but my banshee does seem to run just a bit faster than machines without this other equipment. The boost bottle did not make mine hard to start, generally first or second kick. To get some more low end, I would do some gearing. I am currently running a 12 tooth front sprocket, which may be a bit much, but seems to work for me, launches outta the hole like a rocket...Running 10 paddle haulers, but for more all around duning, id get "V" paddles. Of you have any other ????'s feel free to ask..

RoostKing...

Old 01-01-2002, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

10 paddle haulers
air filter kit
T-5 Toomey's
Bore stock carbs
Mill stock head
porting

Old 01-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

the reason to go with a cool head over just shaving the head is the interchangeable domes wich means in the future you can increase compression or decrease it and it also has a larger water jacket area.The trinity head is the best from what i hear.Reed spacers with delta v froce reeds wich r the best don't work well with each other.And not many high performance banshees run a boost bottle.-jack