Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Roll design lobo?or Protrax system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imageracer, you can find them at HSD Racing. The website is: WWW.hsdracing.com
I hope this helps you!

Old 02-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I do ride dunes a lot. I love the Elka shocks because their self sagging feature does not sag as much as other shocks. PEP and Works Stadium series let the machine sit very low. I am not sure how adjustable the other brands are for ride height. As you certainly know, the Elka shocks are more on par with custom axis as far as quality, but the price is very economical. I would highly recomend the self sagging feature. When the suspension drops down you don't even notice it. One of the fagazines tested them and complained about the valving being off and that they were noisy. I ordered mine set up for AGGRESSIVE riding and big jumps. They are perfect. They suck up the small and medium stuff and you can really feel them transition onto the main spring for the big stuff. Also, they are super adjustable, so if I am just out play riding I can soften them up, or go the other way for more aggressive riding. My only problem with them is that they force me to go faster through the whoops than I really like to. It seems that the faster I go, the better they work. My other machine is much softer and you can hit whoop sections just about any way you want. It has PEP tripple rates, but no ZPS. It is a small price to pay. I imagine that they are like that because of the very stiff main spring.