Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Dynojet Jet kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2000 | 12:11 AM
|
Range Rover

I was thinking of getting a jet kit from Dynojet. I heard from a few people it made a huge diffrence in throttle responce while others say its a waste of money. What do u all think?

Old 03-03-2000 | 08:01 AM
Trailblazer

I have the kit on my '99 Wolverine, it made a very noticable increase in power, I'd highly recommend it for only $50.00!

Old 03-03-2000 | 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

There is absolutely no need to increse fuel to your motor unless 1) there is not enough fuel in the first place which means it is jetted wrong from the factory or 2) you are adding enough air to the engine from stock to justify more fuel.
The only thing a jet kit is going to do if you don't hop up anything else in the engine is going to give you too much fuel, which will cause it to run rich and slugish. Thus, no performance gain and you will probably be pissed off for spending the money. How do I know?!? Because I bought one. If you plan on putting a higher flow air filter and pipe among other things to your engine then by all means buy one. However don't expect a power increase until those things are on your engine and DON"T change the jetting until you hop up your engine. I have already been through all of this, trust me. Ask any reputable engine builder and they will tell you the same thing. Good Luck, Adams44

400EX, 250R

Old 03-03-2000 | 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Saveyour money! Or better yet, if it is burning a hole in your pocket, take some of the cost & join the Blue Ribbon Coalition to help insure that you have a place to ride.
90% of jetting problems are solved with one or two different sized mains & the adjustment of the jet needle in a few cases. As the other person just said, you don't need to fix it if it ain't broke! When you add a pipe or filter modification, or make extreme changes in elevation, then some rejetting would be required.
In my opinion jet kits are merely a marketing ploy to sell a handful of jets to you, most of which will sit in your toolbox forever.
The real problem with these kits however, is that most, not all, will change their pilot jets, needle diameters, & main jets & get so totally screwed up they wind up at the dealer to get the quad to run again, usually by removing all the stuff they just bought.

Old 03-03-2000 | 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

I put the dynojet kit in my mojave and noticed improvements in power. If I lost momentum uphill the quad would bog out and stall. After the jet kit, on the same hills, the tires keep spinning.In a nut shell I was happy with it. They do offer tech support if you need it. Good luck.

Old 03-03-2000 | 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

First off I agree with all of the above statements. You may or may not see any significant difference. On both my 99 Warrior and 99 400EX I have installed the dynojet kits, both showed improvement. The Warrior has a White Bros pipe,
smaller tires, taller gearing, and better filter,
the kit made it very easy to get it tuned just right. The 400EX only has the K&N power kit I actually used a leaner jet from the kit, it helped with throttle response and starting.
Most of the factories set up their quads on the safe side as far as jetting is concerned so a little tweaking may be necessary. A larger jet isn't always the best way to go without the other mods to go along with it. Sometimes a smaller jet size will be needed. Dynojet includes fairly good instructions in their kits with a baseline tune-up for several different levels of modification. In my opinion its money well spent, but then I don't mind having extra parts laying around, just in case someone might need them.

Old 03-03-2000 | 10:50 PM
r34
Pro Rider

99Scram500.... If you want the low down on performance carburation, go to
[URL=http://www.carbparts.com] they know everything. On their site, click on tech@carbparts.com, and ask them the question about your scrambler, you'll be glad you did.

Old 03-04-2000 | 07:53 AM
|
Range Rover

well i'm also going to get a HPD pipe and i have a twin Air dual stage filter. I don't have any rpoblems with jetting right now i just want the added throttle response and a few hp. So when i get the pipe and clutch i'll prolly also buy the jet kit.