Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

To anyone with a Pro-Flo ignition

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a little help with setting up my pro-flo ignition. I set it up at 17 degrees BTDC on my Banshee (which is the stock setting).The rotor has a timing mark but the stator doesn't. The guy told me approx. where the mark should be so I set it there. I left the jetting the same for now and it started but idled very high. Is this a sign of too advanced timing or does it just idle higher because the rotor is so much smaller than stock? Also the stock kill switch wouldn't work so what can I do about this. Thanks

Old 07-23-2002, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Hands down the best thing you can do is buy a timing light. If you get on with a dial-in advance **** it would be best. If you go to far advanced on a two stroke you get a neat little round hole in the center of you piston in less than a minute of riding.

Advanced ignition will cause a high idle, the weight of the rotor shouldn't affect this too much.

There is no timing mark on the stator whatsoever? That is odd. If there is a TDC, the dial-in timing light will be perfect. You simply turn the dial to the advance you want, and turn the marks to TDC (instead of a degree of advance).

Just wire in a Pro-design tether kill switch. Easy to wire. Might just save you or friends from injury.

Old 07-24-2002, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

I put everything on and it runs good when I first start it. So I let it warm up and took it up the street in 2nd gear at about 1/4 throttle and the pipes got wicked hot after 1 minute and the engine like bogged and died.Retarded the timing a bit and went back and it did the same exact thing but also started popping too. The plugs are brand new B9's and they came out with white insulators but they were wet. What's up with this I'm confused?