Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Jet Ski cylinders on a Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 03:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you, or know somebody who has, used ANY sort of Jet Ski cylinders on their banshee. I have heard of it, saw one last night(a 570 i believe) and it cooked. Please post ANY thoughts on this and if you know what kind of Jet Ski it was, all the better. I have a Kawasaki with a 550 that is begging to be reborn as a quad(cylinders any way)

RoostKing...

Old 07-31-2002, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

Can't remember the guys name or company, but he is out of Portland, Oregon. He had a article featured in Dirt Wheels last summer. He used jet ski cylinders (somewhere around 700cc) on a Banshee and he also did a '88 250R with a Pilot cylinder (400cc) at the same time, both using their stock lower ends for the article. I'm sure you can still get the back issue from Dirt Wheels or do some searching on the internet and find the guy.

Old 08-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, RK when you do that you need to send your ported Banshee cylinders up my way so I can look after them for ya. Huh.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2002, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

I believe that the Dirt Wheels article that chicneater was referring to, featured bikes that were built by Dustin's Advanced Two-Strokes. I haven't heard or seen anything of them since.

Seems to me that Tony Doukas Racing might also use jet ski cylinders. Maybe worth checking with them.

You can build a 570 out of Superior Sleeve cylinders. Their website is superiorsleeve.com and they have a couple detailed pictures of the kit. Many builders have used these cylinders. I have only seen one in person, and yes, it was very fast.

Daren

Old 08-02-2002, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

DuneLand in Mears, MI had a Banshee with Rotax 670 cylinders on it. The 670 is case induction. The front of the Banshee cases were welded and machined for reed cages. The exhaust exited straight back out of the cylinders.

Old 08-05-2002, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Dustin's used to be located a half mile from my house here in Oregon City. I believe he has since moved to Clackamas Oregon. If you guys really want his phone number or info I'm sure I can find it. He sells a Raptor pipe that's supposed to be around 93db but that's about all I know about his stuff. I've not seen the banshee cylinders at his shop.

Old 08-05-2002, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys,
I found out the cyclinders I have are the same kind of cylinders on that bike that i described earlier(Kawa 550's). I doubt I am goin gto do this though, I realize it is probably very expensive and you wont really run better than a peoperly built 350 or some sort of big bore motor. Anyhow, it was a nice dream, but for the mean time, it will remain a dream... Thanks again,

Troy

Old 06-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jet Ski cylinders on a Banshee

i have got a banshee with a bombarier rotax to end and crank graphed on to a banshee motor. it also have the billet aluminum cases and gears with the clutch locker system and im turning about 108 horse power the the wheels and also the cylinders have been fliped so the exhaust runs straight out the back and the carbs are on the front. Call T&T customs for more info on it at 796-1351 ask for Todd liles
thanks alot
WAYLON

Old 06-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

108 horse? thats it? You have the billet cases now or they are on order? Are you referring to the matoon cases? If so to my knowledge nobody has a set of them in north carolina. Billet gears? tranny gears? hmmm i call BS on that

RK, ive seen a motor with the 550 kawi cyls run. It ran good and hard. It would take a very well built monoblock to beat it, but not many 350's will. Id do it if you have the stuff. because of its uniqueness

Old 06-08-2004, 11:38 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Old thread from the past so I not sure if RoostKing would be interested anymore.

Quick Reply: Jet Ski cylinders on a Banshee