Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Trinity Super Light PIstons

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2000, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have buy a new set of pistons for my banshee and I am wondering if anyone has tried the trinity superlights. I hate trinity with a passion, but I have heard some good stuff about the pistons. I know they are lighter and should rev quicker, but I want some first hand info. I am also interested in how well they hold up. Is lightweight more important than strength to them. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Old 03-29-2000, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

I've been looking into the flat tops for my 295R, but they've been really tight lipped about them.

I've had some close riding associates run them without problems, but some have said the Vito's were better, that the duration of the boost windows in the intake side skirt was longer, and they weighed about the same. My vote would go to Vito, I've dealt with him several times and have nothing but good to say about them...Trinity??? Weight can always be removed from them in other places safely with a little grinding. Might look into the flat tops too, they'd be lighter from the get go.

Old 03-29-2000, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

I was thinking about the vito pistons. Heres my problem though. I run a long rod crank, so I need to use blaster pistons to lower the pin position. Vito wants like 150 just for one piston! ANd I need two! I amy call and see if he will give me a package deal like the regular banshee pistons. Heres my other option, run vito's regular piston, and use a spacer plate. This is what he recommended when I talked to him. How do you feel about spacer plates on a banshee? I know it will increase the crankcase volume, but is there any negative to it? I really dont want to use a spacer plate though. It gives away exactly what your running, and I cant let the competition in on my secrets!!!!!!! I have been using plain Pro Lights and they lasted for a year. And thats in a full on drag motor! The only reason i need new ones is because one side leaned out on me and burned the tip of the spark plug off and it fell in my motor. It as still running good though. I didnt even know it happened. I was tearing the engine down for new shift forks and re ring it and I found it. I may just go back with those bullet proof suckers. Thanks for the input.