Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Dyno-Port vs. Moto-Fast pipes for Banshee...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2000, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the deal with these pipes, and I am talking about, why don't you hear about them as much as you would think, and which do you thik is better.(Craftsmanship wise, and the look of the chrome, or whichever plating either of them offer)

And give me some good points about the pipe and the bad points also....I'm trying to find out if I actually want one of these pipes on MY Banshee.

'98 MX Banshee

Old 04-15-2000, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

A friend of mine runs a dynoport on his MX Banshee and he usually gets the holeshot over quads with alot more work done to them. His still had the stock pistons and reeds in his last season. I had dynoport custom make a ATC500r pipe for a trike I had, I brought the bike up to them and they did it while I waited. I was very impressed with the quality, craftsmanship, and professionalism of their small facility.

Old 04-16-2000, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

I have neither, but have talked with Jimmy (owner of Moto-Fast) quite a bit. From what he says and others on this board say, I would buy a Moto-Fast pipe for the following reason.

1) Moto-Fast is the ORIGINAL 2-into-1 pipe. The Dyno-Port is a rip off of the original.

2) Moto-Fast pipe is available in Stainless Steel

3) Moto-Fast is the pipe used for the EFI/Turbo kit for the Banshee. Even on a normally aspirated engine, it revs better than the DynoPort due to the exhaust timing that is part of its design.

4) Moto-Fast pipes are the pipes of choice of the top GNCC riders who use Banshees.

5) I've saw the Moto-Fast pipe in action and it flat out rocks! The sound is very cool as well.

Old 04-16-2000, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

I have the nickle Dyno and love it so far. Tricky fit, but otherwise i have ZERO complaints. Its true Moto has the original design and I haven't rode a Banshee with one, but I think they are pretty much about the same...with small differences only noticable on the dyno. But, again....im not sure. How about a Dirt Wheels/3&4 2-into-1 shootout or even 2-into-1s vs. FMF, etc on MX courses. On my machine, i do a lot of woods work and use a 13 counter and stock rear, Boyeseen reeds 270 mains and probably will go to a cool head as the banshee tends to get hot as the revs go up. With either one you should be happy with. Both do port work that "can" match your pipe so it really don't matter in my opinion. Nothing beats the sound of a 2-into-1 tapped out banshee zipping by in 6th except maybe the turbo kitted banshees.

Old 04-18-2000, 10:50 AM
Range Rover

I just outfitted my new y2k banshee with the MotoFast 2 into 1 and their head mod and I'm very happy with the results. I ride in the woods and now have a Banshee with plenty of low end power, and didn't seem to lose anything from the top end. It may take a while to get the pipes from MotoFast though. I ordered their stainless pipe and after FOUR months of waiting I went with their carbon steel pipe which was in stock at the time. Your wait time may be different. The head mod took three weeks. I've found the quality to be good, fit was excellent, sound of the new pipe is great. If you need more bottom end out of your Banshee I think you'll be happy with either of the pipes. Not sure if there is much difference.

Bruce
2000 Banshee
99 400ex
99 wolverine

Old 04-18-2000, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Bash,

Did you get that moto-fast pipe yet? Didn't you order it back in Jan?

I ordered one as well. Jimmy told me 8 weeks, they have been overwhelmed with the demand from the turbo banshee orders. I'm about 5 weeks into my wait.

The Moto-Fast seem the way to go, If your after more bottom end than either pipe will do. I figured I'd stick with the original. If the pipe is good enough for all the GNCC racers then it's good enough for me.

Where are all the Dirtwheels writers, editors, and producers? They have to scan this forum for ideas and topics for up and coming Dirtwheels articles and shootouts. Come on, get with it! With all those banshee owners out there asking for assistance on pipes, it's a hot topic. Especially the 2into1 pipes, never has there been a shootout featuring these two pipes head to head. Lets see the dynos too, where are they, you mean to tell me that NOBODY has ever put one of these pipes on a dyno with a stock banshee? I don't believe it. Maybe Moto-Fast and Dyno-Port don't want a shootout, I don't necessarily think their permission is required for a shootout or to release some dyno run results. Who knows?

Old 04-18-2000, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

Actaully ATVSport did a test on the DynoPort 2 into 1 in the October 1999 edition.

Old 04-19-2000, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer

I wouldn't buy either. I know people with both of those pipes and they suck. When they climb hills they have to usually downshift into a lower gear halfway up a hill. My bike is identical to theirs and i have the CT racing midrange torque pipes. They can't touch me. I just put mine in gear and hold on. I just think that those two into one pipes don't allow the engine to rev as freely as they need to. The 2into1 probably gives it more low but how often are you at low end.

Old 04-19-2000, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

I would have to totally disagree, if you seriously hillclimb nothing lugs like moto fast!!

Old 04-20-2000, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

I also disagree with Madrowler. The motofast pipe is used with the 130HP Turbo, fuel injected Banshee kit. Now would they put a restrictive pipe on that beast?

Bruce
2000 Banshee
99 400ex
99 wolverine
Blue ribbon member

Quick Reply: Dyno-Port vs. Moto-Fast pipes for Banshee...