Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Gas fumes

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas fumes

I have a 2015 570 mid size Ranger.On the first ride I started getting gas fumes in the cab.The vent hose had gas coming out of it.I took it back to the dealer and they said Polaris was aware of the problem.They ordered a new gas tank for it,and installed it.I took it for a ride yesterday and it is still doing the same thing.Anyone else having this problem?

Old 05-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Seems like a lot of people have been having the same problem on Sportsmans and Rangers. New tank was supposed to be the fix,but evidently not. Saw your post on one Ranger forum,here's what one guy did on another forum.
"If you pull off the seat there is a gas tank vent line stuck into the side of the seat frame. I extended the line and put a fuel filter on it. I ran it back under the bed just make sure you do not run it near the exhaust. The filter helps keep the dirt out of the line. Also check the gas cap. It may not be sealing properly due to casting burs. I had to remove a few burs on mine and now it seals great." Plus if the gas cap has any pressure build up could be due to a kinked vent line.