Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

T-BAP again

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-BAP again

Have read many posts about this issue and want be sure of the next step before spending more money.

2005 polaris ranger XP 700.

I have replaced wires with after market kit even tho the previously repaired OEM kit tested just fine.

Then replaced sensor.

I still get the 45 code and the idle is fast; sometimes making the shifting difficult.

From what I read, the next step is to replace the ECU. At this point, I get confused. Is it the module under the seat on the drivers side(4011193),
or the aluminum, finned module (4011090) under the hood or .....?

Thanks for any advice/help anyone can give.

Old Eagle (as in Boy Scouts)

Old 11-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If you replaced the tbap harness with the one from otb,entirely possible that there could be a short or soft internally melted wire further into the main harness past the wiring connectors on the kit. I've had this happen several times and had to dig further.Plus have you tampered with the tps setting? If so that can be a problem. Rather than throwing parts at it that may not solve the problem,cheaper in the long run to pay for an hr service charge(on average) on hooking it up to Digital Wrench that can narrow down the problem. Too expensive on the parts in question just to take a chance. It may only need to have the tps readjusted.