Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2004(?) atp 330 no spark or power at cdi

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004(?) atp 330 no spark or power at cdi

so I’m new to the quad world and I just picked up what I believe is an 04 Polaris atp330. When I did a vin search on it, it came back as an 04 Rzr(frames aren’t interchangeable are they?) which I just chocked up to maybe me misreading a didgit. Anyway I bought it not running, was told it just needed a starter solenoid but that does not appear to be the case. Im currently not getting any spark. I know the circuit breaker is good, as well as the fusible link coming off the positive battery terminal on the solenoid. I get twelve volts at the ignition switch, however I cannot turn the engine over with the key nor do I get power from the switched side of the ignition switch so I know it needs a switch. But, even when i jump power over at the switch connector and engage the starter, I still get no spark. I also tested for power at the Cdi and there’s nothing there either. Can anyone help me get this thing running? This is a whole new world to me..

Old 07-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WELCOME got a 330 apt myself no expert but learned some stuff along the way Plenty of help on this FORUM too.Check left switch controls make sure red slide switch in middle position most are faded all way left or right is off dash will not light up will not have power to headlights either clean connectors also IF it then turns over but no spark also check under cover on right throttle switch cover plate that has cable hooked to it should have just under 1/8" space between contacts [ETC] throttle safety switch first things I would check If you want to go cheap fix to check 7-8$ ignition switch without throwing a lot of $$ in new parts plenty of used ones power sports nation ECT BUT be carefull this atv got a electronic control module that will toast if battery cables hooked up backwards or run without battery installed $200 bucks for new one
GOOD LUCK

Old 07-18-2018, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 850 trailrider
WELCOME got a 330 apt myself no expert but learned some stuff along the way Plenty of help on this FORUM too.Check left switch controls make sure red slide switch in middle position most are faded all way left or right is off dash will not light up will not have power to headlights either clean connectors also IF it then turns over but no spark also check under cover on right throttle switch cover plate that has cable hooked to it should have just under 1/8" space between contacts [ETC] throttle safety switch first things I would check If you want to go cheap fix to check 7-8$ ignition switch without throwing a lot of $$ in new parts plenty of used ones power sports nation ECT BUT be carefull this atv got a electronic control module that will toast if battery cables hooked up backwards or run without battery installed $200 bucks for new one
GOOD LUCK
thanks for the response buddy! So I do have power to the headlights. Just nothing else from what I can tell. I did notice corrosion in the connectors for the kill switch. And I did also ensure it was on run. Maybe I’ll go clean those connectors and see what happens. I don’t have my hopes high though. I just want to hear this thing run before i start throwing money at parts for it.