Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

00 sportsman awd light problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Doesn't matter on changing the coil ground wires back as long as they still have a good ground. Either to the ignition coil mount as most of the small grounds are terminated or a good frame ground. Glad that solved the problem on the light..

Old 02-04-2017, 05:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have decided to leave the coil grounds the way I have them now thanks for all your help old polaris tech

Old 02-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by yelosportsman
I have decided to leave the coil grounds the way I have them now thanks for all your help old polaris tech
Good decision as many have lost ground from the small ground wires over the years. Trick was to use a larger wire and tie both browns to it and make a better common ground connection.Even if you eventually get a new speedo you can leave the jumped brown/white and brown wires as they are on the connector also.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my goal is to have everything as close to factory as possible but with the price of a speedometer I think that is one part that will be staying modified haha

Old 02-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

300+ bucks is kinda hard to justify on a speedo. You might try some rebuilding places.No harm calling these places.Speedometer Repair Speedometer Repair Service - US Speedo Or if you're inclined,some have repaired their own. AWD and Speedometer don't work - Page 2 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community
KA7OEI's blog: Repair of the speedometer on a Polaris Sportsman 500 4-wheeler