Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Please Help! 93 polaris trail boss 350l

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help! 93 polaris trail boss 350l

So I got this quad and have been having non stop problems. Long story short now I am having what I beleive to be transmission problems. The handle bars pull left real hard and it seems like it cant shift into second (Making grinding noise). I know it sounds dumb but could this be due to low fluid? (This is my first quad). The reservoir on the left side underneath the bars is right underneath the min line.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:09 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

These old models had the push button on the shifter that had to be adjusted correctly or gear grinding could happen.Plus another way on these old models to make shifting easier was to pull the button,swing the shifter out and let go of the button before you engaged the drive range shifter slot. The button had to feel firm and locked or gears would clash. Here's a free link to a manual that can help also.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...JCoJXuPwcXZmBQ

Attached Thumbnails Please Help! 93 polaris trail boss 350l-5feb4e28a32e186b4168e9339eb9ec60e3a9b360.png  
Old 04-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thank you

ill try that out and see how it goes!

Old 04-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

So so when I was talking about shifting I was more talking about when it's accelerating not really the shifting from drive to reverse ect

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
These old models had the push button on the shifter that had to be adjusted correctly or gear grinding could happen.Plus another way on these old models to make shifting easier was to pull the button,swing the shifter out and let go of the button before you engaged the drive range shifter slot. The button had to feel firm and locked or gears would clash. Here's a free link to a manual that can help also.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...JCoJXuPwcXZmBQ

Old 04-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBossArmy
So so when I was talking about shifting I was more talking about when it's accelerating not really the shifting from drive to reverse ect
It's because you're not fully locked in gear causing the grinding. Most of the time it's the shifter button I mentioned that's not locking causing this.If tthe button doesn't have pressure on it,it's not locked in gear.