Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Air Filter Concern

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filter Concern

Holz is shipping my two Unis today.
Great service; very nice folks to talk to; looks like a lot of exciting products on the way, including a variety of clutching mods.

I like these guys from a first impression standpoint and will be giving both them and Jagged my first look for parts.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Blackballed - Thanks for the kind words. I think I talked to you on the phone.

We've tested out the UNI and K&N filters on the RZR, and both seem to work just fine. No difference in performance from the stock filter from our mildly scientific GPS speed tests.

You guys are correct - the Sportsman filter is the same as what is in the RZR.

Regards,
Kevin Boxx
Holz Racing Products
www.holzracingproducts.com

Old 07-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't get a chance to oil and run the Unis this weekend in pretty dusty conditions (southern WI); yet I echo Sandman's concern and would ask trevorsride about the filter clamp..do you have one on yours? Mine never came with one and it looks like there has been very little room provided to ratchet one on to begin with.

I guess my next question would be...does anyone run a prefilter on the UNIs; or is 3 layers of filtration just to much of a restriction when compared with the higher volume K&Ns that normally do so?

I'll get one made locally and share the info (if this is reasonable); as I pretty well toasted two paper filters in just over 50 miles (didn't like what got past these any more than sandman described).

Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

The clamp I was talking about was on the outside of the airbox. On the hose between the airbox and the motor.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: trevorsride

The clamp I was talking about was on the outside of the airbox. On the hose between the airbox and the motor.</end quote></div>

Thanks; I'll be checking it and will call Uni today about the prefilter.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Uni says that their two-stage filter will be restricted to the point of affecting performance with an Outerwear prefilter. Called Holz also and the Uni does not use the clamp provided in this application.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

where is the stock location of the filter boxes air intake? I was crawling under mine today and the only thing I could find was this oval rubber tube under the bed and right over the injectors. is this it? if so yes, its in a dumb spot and I will be relocating it

Old 07-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer

The air intake is in the cab between the seats. Impossible to see, but one can feel it. The black plastic that runs across the bed behind the seats has a bulge in it between the seats. The air intake is in it. What I want for for the after market folks to offer an extension to be cut into the plastic and go up over our heads and tie to the roll cage where the air is clean. The problem with the present location is the fact dust is pulled into the air intake area by the bodies in the seats. Just check how dirty one's back is from the dust after riding.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

I took a very short ride recently with the new Uni oiled and installed under pretty dry conditions. Again, as osg referred to; you really have to keep an eye on your filter with the Rzr (it looked like I had travelled a lot further than I did).

Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I am going to snorkel mine before it gets dirt past the filter as I am hearing they do and will take some how to photos and post them .

Quick Reply: Air Filter Concern