Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Structural gusseting

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Structural gusseting

I am relying on JaggedX to soon provide us with the race-tested gusset kits needed (IMO) to further improve the structural integrity of this machine. This purchase is not a knock on Polaris engineering or anything else; simply an investment in something which 'may' someday prevent our rig from looking like the wrecks at Antelope Valley earlier this year.

That said, I truly feel that the Rzr will stand up just fine over time as designed/built when driven reasonably and properly. Is there anybody else out there planning on purchasing these kits just to be on the conservative side?Initial 'ballpark' pricing didn't seem to be all that bad from these guys and I trust/respect the manner in which they've at least initially gone about this partnership with Polaris.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

I received a message from Holz Racing Products in regards to the subject above also. I guess that it's going to take a few more publicized repair estimates before anybody truly recognizes the value of these kits.

Gotta love the Polaris 'bobbleheads' out there continuing to make sworn enemies out of anybody daring to broach this important subject also....as if the 'vast conspiracy' underbuilt debacle this spring at Antelope Valley truly never happened. Again, I don't have any problem with the engineering involved in this machine and even respect/admire it for many reasons. It's just funny to me that the entire subject is so 'taboo' on these forums when everybody racing these things is indeed making the accomodations needed.

Again, I'll be giving my accessory dollars to the folks who continue to view the ongoing development of these strengthening kits as an important segment of their business.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:11 AM
rzr
Trailblazer

very true i have owned suzy lt500r many years truly frame gussets wold have been great at that time after two years riding i tore it down to paint and almost every weld had weakend and needed rewelded and gusseted knot to say anything bad but i pound my machines hard ----- rzr has 475 mile so far so good

Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

It's just not built like the Rhino (which has gusseting kits available also, btw) and I'm sorry; but it didn't get "t-boned" at 50 mph when the frame grotesquely twisted at Antelope Valley either. (oh, I'm sorry again...that was a vast "conspiracy" against the machines and teams that was being investigated....'not').

Again, I'm sticking with Jagged and Holz for my parts; as they are good Polaris partners who seem to not care about offering the "KoolAid" that some forums and a few others are now dishing out. I don't think that Polaris is promoting this bobblehead crap either; as I believe that they want this research to be done and that they will indeed incorporate some of the needed changes later.