Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Bigger Ranger.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger Ranger.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Well I was out at my weekend place last weekend, and I saw what looked like a two seat Ranger. It had the regular bench in the front and another bench seat behind, while still maintaining the rear box!! There was 5 people riding in it !! That sucker was long and cool!! Is this going to be another first for Polaris?? My place is right along the border and only about 25 miles from the Polaris plant in Roseau, Minnisota. We see them testing both quads and sleds up here. If its true, you will be able to take the whole family out for a ride, including the dog and a cooler!! We'll have to wait and see what happens. And no, I got no pics of it.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bigger Ranger.

News in the SxS industry doesn't get much more exciting than that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Was this a new design all over complete with changed panels or possibly an XP that somebody managed to fab up on their own?
Thanks for sharing and I would add that this is, (IMHO) a smart move by Polaris.
People are starting to realize that not only is SxSing much more fun than the 'lone wolf' quad concept; but that two well built quads will cost you just as much as or more than a Rzr or even this most likely more expensive grocery getter.
They will be able to charge a premium for this new design with most likely many older interchangeable parts and, as you mentioned, put an entire family on the trail in much more rugged comfort than the Kawasaki work rig was aimed at previously.

Almost a no-brainer and sure to be a hot item when(if) it's released for certain (I can see guided tour companies gobbling these things up; as well as big tourist attractions; emergency rescue; firefighters; military; etc., etc.).

Let's just hope that it gets a new 950 or 1000cc motor, to boot!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bigger Ranger.

It was a factory machine, not a custom job. Looked basically the same as a ranger just longer and with a full length roof. I agree, it would be a good move on their part.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bigger Ranger.

Thanks again for taking the time to share.
It's people like yourself who often allow others to make much smarter decisions as to exactly what their next machine will be.(how many of us have witnessed the sport change rapidly over the years and wondered if we made the right choice).
If I were a family looking to test the waters in regards to off-roading; this is undoubtedly the machine that I would get into right now hands down...if I was lucky enough to hear tell about it.

Not to get to political....but this is exactly why Polaris came to Michigan supporting 60" width legislation back in '05; when they were smacked down by the arrogant nationally-supported motorcyclists not even riding the trails in question. We finally get the manufacturers to produce a machine that the entire family can enjoy safely....and here we have (once again) elements within our own community partnering with a few agenda-driven govt. employees (not to mention bobblehead atv clubs) to keep the community divided and effectively powerless to simply work/ride on the same trails together.

I love innovation....yet when the community itself doesn't effectively support its use or allows even their own members to bastardize the concept of multi-use to the point of blatant exclusion...I have a hard time supporting them either.

We aren't making progress on width allowances because of a lack of those machines out there using the resource both today and obviously well into the future...it's because of a long-in-the-tooth leadership structure that doesn't have the guts to stand up for these machines at the expense of single-track support that would boot them out of their cozy little non-profits the very second that they stood up for it.

If you're a 50 or 60" SxS enthusiast....where does your XP or Rzr fit in here?
http://www.atvsafety.org/InfoS...s/ATVChart2007-May.pdf

Old 07-16-2007, 03:59 AM
Range Rover
Default Bigger Ranger.

YOU WILL BE SURPRISED WHEN NEW RANGERS COMES OUT!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bigger Ranger.

Polaris dealer show is July 21-25.