Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Dirt Wheels RZR VS Rhino Shootout.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Wheels RZR VS Rhino Shootout.

Hey, you can't beat that for confirmation and thanks for taking the time to set me striaght on this.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Range Rover

Ya I was happily surprised when I seen the time slip but I would like to find out how to get the performance that travelor is talking about.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

When I said 72, I said by speedometer. I know it is off. I also have ecu box reprogrammed to run 7000 rpm and at rev limitor on pavement It is past 70 on guage. Probably middle 60's. Did you have your ecu reprogrammed and spacer taken out?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Range Rover

No I only had it 3 days at the time haven't done a thing to it. I have no idea what spacer you are talking about & what do you have to do to reprogram the ecu?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

The spacer is in the clutch. Remove it and gain up to 8 mph. You can send your ecu in to get reprogrammed. It raises timing and lessens fuel on top as well as raising rev limitor to 7000 rpm. Don't know if I am allowed to say where I sent it. It's the place that sell superchargers.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

"A fast bike has the option of going slow, but a slow bike has no other option. "

That is comedy gold right there...

Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

I have an 07 rhino 660 and I love it. I have gone up hills that most atvers wouldnt go up and had no problems. The only regret is the power but that is the trade off when you get a utv, its not an atv. I have my king for when I want to go fast. The rhino is also excellant in the mud and muck goes through just about anything. It would be nice to see an 800cc engine in it but that wont happen any time soon. The razr in my opinion is kinda ugly and I dont know about you guys but I dont want the feeling that I am holding my buddys hand while driving around in that little cab. If your a polaris fan than you probably love it for that reason and that is understandable. The rhino is best all around I believe.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Amen Badshee98!!!

Make everything the same and No One is special anymore. Then why bother..........

Old 09-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kickervr91
I have an 07 rhino 660 and I love it....The razr in my opinion is kinda ugly and I dont know about you guys but I dont want the feeling that I am holding my buddys hand while driving around in that little cab. If your a polaris fan than you probably love it for that reason and that is understandable..."</end quote></div>

A lot of us out there have owned both since <u>day</u> <u>one</u> and are neither Polaris or Yamaha fans..just plain 'ol folk out here making the best choice for our money as technology improves and some models don't over time.

As far as the "holding your buddy's hand" comment...I suppose that you have to be secure in....(you know the rest) before you jump into any side-by-side if even your buddy's motive's are in question at any given time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As a sidenote; there were very few in this so-called 'community' willing to speak out against the vulgarity contained in the internet spoof many came across on a Glamis-related site months ago slamming both Polaris' good name and folks in general. I quit posting on said site for the simple fact that few in the off-road community seem to stand up for anything 'conservative-related' anymore for fear of not being 'liked' on something as inconsequential as a website forum. IMO, this is why proud legacies involving standards of behavior or respect for the environment are not and probably never will be built or passed down in this generation tomorrow...as anything goes 'today' and you darn well not question it right on up to and including just how off-road leadership represents us all behind closed doors to others.
A lot of good people have been chased away from this sport over the years...and I will always feel personally that this has been the most shameful legacy that we will ever leave...behind a side-by-side community that never included/embraced the young, old or disabled in every single public event that they ever held; giving the less fortnate a chance to finally experience the outdoors using this new technology (sorry to rant...).

Old 09-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

well technically I owned a 07 yamaha v-max 1200. Hit an 18 wheeler with it and ended up losing my leg and totaling the bike. so i bought the rhino to go 4 wheelin in, cause my vinson at the time was a standard. Now i have purchased a king 700 auto to ride as well.

Quick Reply: Dirt Wheels RZR VS Rhino Shootout.