Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Where have all the RZR folks gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007 | 09:04 PM
Range Rover
Default Where have all the RZR folks gone

Most of the RZR discussion is going on over at the PRC Forum. There is some great info over there. It's where I've been going to for my info.

GregV, when you get back let me know where you went? Did you head to the Blackmoutains in Eastern KY? By far the BEST place to ride!!

Old 10-25-2007 | 11:52 PM
|
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 400fnSport

Most of the RZR discussion is going on over at the PRC Forum. There is some great info over there. It's where I've been going to for my info.

GregV, when you get back let me know where you went? Did you head to the Blackmoutains in Eastern KY? By far the BEST place to ride!!</end quote></div>

Yea I spend a lot of time at the PRC site also, but I have always enjoyed this forum.
IMO it is structured better. And you can subcribe to a post and it will let you know when someone else replies to it. This is a nice feature. Also like the fact I can get back to the main topic without scolling all the way back to the top.

Not to mention some of you guys are a kick in the pants on here, and I never see you there. Maybe because PRC is just a little to upity..[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Don't take me wrong, I really like PRC, and it is a great bunch of folks there...[img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2007 | 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Guys,

Sory I have been gone so long....

I went with some friends to Hazard Kentucky... ha ha

It was some good riding. It wasn't a structured riding area, just a ton of acres to ride on. Most of the land in that area is owned by land companies and they are now offering a Lease agreement for people who want to either hunt or ride on the land. Basically you get a membershp card and a key to unlock the gate to let you in.

It isn't maintained, so it isn't uncomon to come across a downed tree. One of the guys had a chain saw, which came in handy.

I did a lot of water crossing and creek running with the RZR, it did great. BUT...I did have my AWD fail on me. Unfortunatly, it was when I was trying to go through a big mud hole that everyone else was going around! I went in and I could tell right away that I was in trouble. The front wheels weren't spinning and I was taking on water fast. Since I didn't have the "Pure Polaris" bilge pump installed and the fact that I was seat belted in.........I had a wet butt and then had to keep my legs under water to keep my foot on the gas. After my FRIENDS finished laughing at me and my exhaust started blowing bubbles they hooked a wench cable to my front grab bar and pulled me out. UGGG, what a mess.

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

I took it back to my dealer and he said that an armature had come loose in the front end and had become bent keeping it from engaging.

They said it was a fluke and that they had never seen it before. It is the same system that is on the Rangers.

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

I was still able to do 90% of what everyone else was doing on thier 4x4's.

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:55 AM
|
Range Rover

Sound like you had a lot of fun 99% of the time.
I to was LMAO as I read this. I could just see myself sitting there. It is a bummer about the AWD, and of course it happens when everyone else is around. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

We just did a 68 mile run in the desert yesterday, there was 13 rigs, all atv's except one full size ranger and myself. I just knew I was going to blow it along the way and be the guy they had to help. Well that never happened, by the time we got back everyone of them said how impresssed they were. I need to show some pic of that trip.

Well GregV it is good to hear from you again, keep us posted on the repairs

Hope I do not have any fluke's..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2007 | 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, me too. They fixed it under warrantee.

I wish I could describe it in more detail, but appearently a nut or bolt came loose allowing the armature to move out of place and "Get Bent". Then the system wouldn't engage. All of the indicators said that it was turned on and it was getting 12V power to the front end??

Everyone was still impressed with it.......but I really could have put on a show had it been working!

Old 11-28-2007 | 11:53 PM
|
Range Rover

Glad to hear they took care of it. I read something elsewhere about the AWD, not sure what it said.

yea I wanted to show off a little but I have some learning to do yet.

I did really put some hits on the neff bars and the skid plates [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Don't know how much longer they will hold up. Looking at getting new ones from Holz.

Old 12-04-2007 | 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

been thinking of selling the scrambler and getting a rzr. Anyone ready to get rid of one yet?

Old 12-06-2007 | 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Nope....not yet.

We actually want to get a second RZR for family trips. We have two children, both of wich are too young to legally ride anything over 90cc.
If we had another one we wouldn't have to keep trading off !!

It's hard to keep my wife out of mine !!!

Quick Reply: Where have all the RZR folks gone