Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Where have all the RZR folks gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where have all the RZR folks gone

Some one needs to just shoot us. [img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img] This forum has flatlined.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
When I was first getting my RZR, this place was great, I really enjoyed reading and posting here.
But now nothing, even the latest post was not for a Polaris.

Where have all the RZR's gone...[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img] So long ago [img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]

GregV, Gamalot....nothing heck even Blackball has been quite...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I know we must have something to tell each other about our machines. Unless everyone is like me and it is setting in the back yard with 1 hr on it. (dont tell anyone, or the RZR Police may come and take it away from me)

Anyway, hoping to get this place fired up. The last time I posted it was on extended warranty, I was trying to get some activity going, but so far only 150 views and just 2 replies. I would have thought that it would get some of you going....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

I keep checking everyday to see whats new, and theres been nothing going on. I was thinking everyone must be out riding. I need to hear lots of good reviews on the RZR so I can justify buying one LOL Maybe in 09 I'll get one but I need to hear what's going on with them and make sure all the bugs are sorted out before I get one. Keep the posts coming!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

I purchased one about a month ago. My wife and I finally got to do a little serious trail riding this past weekend. We rode a little over 100 miles in about 5 hours, including pit stops of course. It really is a blast to ride on fairly well groomed trails. It is just a totally different experience than riding a quad. We had a guy on a dirtbike dump it as he passed us sitting on the side of the trail. He was fine, just embarrased. Had a family with a couple of quads, and dirtbikes that we played tag with quite a bit during the day. If my wife hadn't been with me, I doubt the quads could have kept up. Maybe next time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] All in all, I'm happy with it. I do miss the quads I sold to pay for it though. I do still have concerns with the airbox, although our trip had minimal dust, and it was confirmed by a nice clean airbox after this trip.
I do think I have a problem though. I can't seem to get it to move without spinning the tires.

Brian

Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

One question I have for those who own a RZR is will it handle the rough stuff in low range like the KQ or Griz?

Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Guys.....Well, I'm heading out to Kentucky tomorrow. Should be a great trip!

I added the front Pre-Runner Brush Guard and added some halogen lights (Not the Polaris lights).

Also the under the grab bar storage bag and I also picked up the trailering cover. Both are VERY nice !!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

I think my RZR does awesome in the rough stuff!!

No complaints at all. High or low speeds I love it!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

Hey it's great to see some action on here again.
GregV sounds like you'll have some fun.
We are headed to the southwest for the winter, should leave here friday. Really lookking forward to running the RZR down there. Where we will be we have lots of open land and trails to hit.
GregV I was going to buy the trailering cover, but it was available when I picked up my rig, so I cancelled. Wish I would of had it for our trip down from Alaska, I had to blue trap it and ended up with some rub marks. What kind of lights did you put on yours? I need to add some to mine.

Dusty just keep running yours, from what I understand the more you drive the RZR the better it gets. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

My wife and I are looking at selling are two Prairies and purchasing a side by side next year. We have narrowed it down to the Razr and the Rhino, leaning towards the razr. We were going to look at the new Teryx from Kawai but it looks to wide for some trails

What I like about the Rhino is proven reliability and the new 700 efi they put in it in 2008.

The Razr of course has the 800 efi and much sportier look and is smaller.
I have read of A arm issues for a few people, is this common?

What made you go with the Razr and are you happy with it?

Also we want to go to Hatfield McCoy trails next year but the RUVs are only allowed on the green trails, we like to do intermediate as well. I think the machines can handle it.

Thanks

Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptnKidd

Dusty just keep running yours, from what I understand the more you drive the RZR the better it gets. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Actually, I should have added a little smiley face to that comment about spinning the tires. I really don't have much of a problem with the throttle, maybe a bit more in low range.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Baditude

My wife and I are looking at selling are two Prairies and purchasing a side by side next year. We have narrowed it down to the Razr and the Rhino, leaning towards the razr. We were going to look at the new Teryx from Kawai but it looks to wide for some trails

What I like about the Rhino is proven reliability and the new 700 efi they put in it in 2008.

The Razr of course has the 800 efi and much sportier look and is smaller.

I have read of A arm issues for a few people, is this common?

What made you go with the Razr and are you happy with it?

Also we want to go to Hatfield McCoy trails next year but the RUVs are only allowed on the green trails, we like to do intermediate as well. I think the machines can handle it.

Thanks</end quote></div>

I would have replied to this in my last post, but I couldn't remember your questions, lol.

The proven reliability of the the Rhino, is 4 plus years in the making. The Rhino has suffered as much, if not more than the rzr has in it's short time on the market. The Rzr is not perfect yet (and it will never be for some people), I have been a member here for quite a few years. I remember when the biggest complaint about Polaris was a belt. No one would ever drive a quad with a belt. CVT, unreliable. Look where we are now. I believe every manufacture's (with the exception of Honda) biggest selling Utility, or SxS, has some sort of CVT. I bought my first Polaris in 1999, for the All Wheel Drive system that Polaris uses. In my opinion there is none better. I bought a 1st year Xpedition 5 speed (I didn't want no stinkin belt). Most reliable quad I've ever owned. It only lasted 3 years in production, because nobody wanted to shift, lol. I don't believe anyone has stepped up to the plate like Polaris has in the past 10 years.. They don't always get it right, but they are always pushing the envelope.
The only issues that are of any real concern to me about the Rzr, are the Air intake (great Idea, poor engineering), and all the people punching the throttle, cranking the wheel, and dumping them in the dealership parking lot, lol. Pretty much everything else, motor and drivetrain wise, is a pure time tested design that keeps getting better. I haven't heard anything about A-arm problems, other than from hitting something. I would assume that A arms would be the weak link in the suspension of any off road vehicle. If you have more information on that I would like to hear it.

I am happy, and I know my wife is very happy with this purchase. I waited as long as I could, and read everything I could find on this before i bought it. I made the decision, and I believe I made the right one.

As far as H/M, you should contact a few people around the area. I know what the rules say, but some friends have been there and have had no issues with any enforcement on any of the trails they have ridden.

Sorry for the book, I've had a few cocktails and the wife won't talk to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Brian

Quick Reply: Where have all the RZR folks gone