Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

2008 Ranger RZR

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

I have a friend who is considering buying a Rzr and we were just wondering what you owners out there had to say about them. Pros and Cons? How are they for trail riding.. and in most cases are they even legal for trail riding? Like to get some first hand feedback. Thanks in Advance!

~El

Old 01-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

Owned a new 08 rhino and 08 RZR no comparison rhinos are for thre farm crowd.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 AM
HO
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

If your state has a 50" width limit it is the only SxS that would be legal right now since no other SxS is 50" or less. My state has that limit and they are legal here. I just ordered one a few days ago without ever seeing one in person. There are very few in stock anywhere here in this area, but about all the other SxSs are in stock everywhere. The quickest delivery I could find was 3-4 weeks checking every dealer in the state. This must mean something. Lots of folks really love 'em. I think I have read about every single article and review on the net about the RZR, so I have a fairly good idea it is what I want. I especially like the idea that most big and tall guys have no issues with leg room etc.

Ed

Old 01-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HO

If your state has a 50" width limit it is the only SxS that would be legal right now since no other SxS is 50" or less. My state has that limit and they are legal here. I just ordered one a few days ago without ever seeing one in person. There are very few in stock anywhere here in this area, but about all the other SxSs are in stock everywhere. The quickest delivery I could find was 3-4 weeks checking every dealer in the state. This must mean something. Lots of folks really love 'em. I think I have read about every single article and review on the net about the RZR, so I have a fairly good idea it is what I want. I especially like the idea that most big and tall guys have no issues with leg room etc.

Ed</end quote></div>
Are you saying that it is illegal to own a side x side over 50" where you live?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:18 AM
HO
Weekend Warrior
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

No, just illegal to use it on public (State or Local) land if it is over 50". Most all of US Forest Service lands also have this limit........

Ed

Old 01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

There's been a lot of griping about the way it bucks at low speeds but there are some products out to help this problem,or so I've read.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
HO
Weekend Warrior
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

I have seen that on a lot of other sport/utility ATVs, even my old Sportsman and it is usually a good sign that I should use low range or go a bit faster.........:-)

Trending Topics

Old 02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

I've been the proud owner of an 08 RVR since last Sept & other than ripping my soft top on the first tree I got alitttle to close to, I think that it's the best machine I've ever ridden. It handles very well over really rough terrain & has never let me down when climbing some very steep inclines here in the mountains. I relly think it should come with stock nerf bars to deflect the rocks. I had mine installed before delivery & they sure have saved the body of my RZR. I have about 30 hours on it & can't wait until April when I plan to go to Utah.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

I would advise getting some more rugged tires than what comes stock. We had one in our group in Brimstone, TN a couple of weeks ago and he could not keep up with the rest of the 4 wheelers and rhinos, nor could he climb the steepest hills with the not-so-rugged stock tires.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Range Rover
Default 2008 Ranger RZR

I would think it is more lack of driver skills than stock tires holding him back because even with stock tires a RZR will out climb & be able to kep up to just about any bike, that being said I won't even take a new bike home with stock tires I will up-grade before it leaves the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ranger RZR