Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Ordered More Stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ordered More Stuff!

Got an EPI mudder clutch kit on the way and picked up a new oem belt off ebay for $50 delivered! Hoping to pull the trigger on an exhaust, full split windshield, and doors soon :-)

Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Clutch works great! Ordered a Big Gun Eco exhaust and it sounds pretty sweet. Doors and two piece windshield will be here next week. Can't wait to get her out when trails are legal on the 1st!!!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Does this clutch kit give you more low end or across the range? Just curious.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

Low end. Also didn't lose any off the top because I removed the restriction spacer from the primary. Polaris put it in the 08, 09, and possibly 10 standard models to reduce top speed since they used the same drivetrain in the faster S models(legal reasons supposedly). There's a noticable difference in low end grunt.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by switzomatic
Low end. Also didn't lose any off the top because I removed the restriction spacer from the primary. Polaris put it in the 08, 09, and possibly 10 standard models to reduce top speed since they used the same drivetrain in the faster S models(legal reasons supposedly). There's a noticable difference in low end grunt.
I wonder if they clutched the 800s a little on the high side if you found the 800 didn't have a lot of low end grunt. I've got a lot with the 500 X2. Borders on ridiculous. I'd almost want to get a little more high end but am not that technically savvy to figure out what I'd need to do. Obviously I'd need gearing or clutching aimed at higher speeds but would that make me lose too much low end???

Old 03-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got an EPI mudder clutch kit on the way and picked up a new oem belt off ebay for $50 delivered! Hoping to pull the trigger on an exhaust, full split windshield, and doors soon :-)

It'd be awesome if you out some straight pipe stacks on it

I did that to a go kart once, bought it cheap, rednecked it up (cowbell, rebel flag, stacks, strobe lights, windsheild, and i even rebuilt the seat), rode it into the ground, and made a couple hundred off of it when i sold it.

Attached Thumbnails Ordered More Stuff!-autoworld.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

Take some creative plumbing to run stacks but would probably look pretty cool!

Moose- had plenty of low end but more is always better. They probably make make a sport clutch kit for your machine that would give a little more top end but the scarifice on the low wouldn't be worth it IMO. I'm never in much of a hurry when out riding and I do a lot of utility stuff with mine so speed isn't a big thing for me. When I want to go fast and get some air I take the scrambler out :-)

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Take some creative plumbing to run stacks but would probably look pretty cool!

Moose- had plenty of low end but more is always better. They probably make make a sport clutch kit for your machine that would give a little more top end but the scarifice on the low wouldn't be worth it IMO. I'm never in much of a hurry when out riding and I do a lot of utility stuff with mine so speed isn't a big thing for me. When I want to go fast and get some air I take the scrambler out :-)
Just trying to come up with alternatives to picking up a new one eventually. Probably will end up with an 850 if I can swing it in the next few months.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

Added some more! Had ordered a K&N filter. Went to install and found one dirty airbox-not happy. Luckily, nothing got past the filter. Looked into options and originally ordered a ump airbox kit until I found they are more for desert conditions and don't keep out water. Thankfully, Paul at monsterquadatv is letting me return it (especially since I had explained the conditions I ride in) and ordered a UTVinc airbox kit.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only '07 and '08. Believe they removed it for '09.

What doors are you getting? I got the solid doors from Benchmark Performance. No rattles or squeaks, or possible fly opens when the frame twists. It sort of Dukes of Hazard style Real nice for keeping you clean.

Quick Reply: Ordered More Stuff!