Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

is this normal?awd probllem

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this normal?awd probllem

I agree... I have never heard of the light coming on when the AWD goes active or the hubs lock. When you press the button or slide the switch, the light should come on. They might have changed things on the '03's, but anything older than that the light will stay on until you turn the AWD off.

Old 05-20-2003, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]hi all thanx for all the info.after intense checking of everything i found the wires going to one hub were bare and touching each other.causing a ground.i separated the wires and siliconed them apart and the ligh now comes on in forward and i can feel the magnet on the armature charging.i bolted every thing together and it seems to work.i spun the rears on gravel and felt it engage.i will test it more this weekend in the mud{hope it wrks or ill be pulling//}thanx again for all the info.has anyone heard of struts topping out?mine clunk when i jump or the wheels hit a bump and come off the ground.thanx guys

Old 05-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My struts acted like that when they were bad.I got a set of Kimpex struts from Hotseat for $120 a set.

Old 05-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Brian - Great posts on the hubs and switch. Amazing how much effort (and money) is expendended in lieu of buying a SERVICE MANUAL.

Somebody x-plane to me why a guy will spend over $6,000 on a quad and refuse to spend $20 on a detailed service manual available at any dealer. No offense - but geeeeeesh....

P.S. If your going to be working on hubs and bearings - a 3 gallon parts washer can be had for about $50 with fluid and cleaning brushes. Get one. It has to be one of the most usefull tools in the garage as far as getting a job done right. And the bench top models are easily stored without consuming floor space.

Stepping off of high horse now.