Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heapster gets his Pred to go Pop Pop Pop

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heapster gets his Pred to go Pop Pop Pop

holding even and steady with 660 cc's of "mature" technology like a Raptor
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Bahahahahhaahhahahahahaah "mature" technology, you make me laugh. For that 500cc hi-comp, performance cammed out of the box to be running with stock rappy's isnt that big of a victory... Most of us know what the rappy performs like out of the box, and for you who dont its not that exciting.

Now on a more serious note, its good that someone has found the cure for that popping prob, maybe some preds will race us without making excuses of having bad jetting.

Old 05-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yadda, yadda, yadda, and who was popping off carbs, bending axles and blowing trannies? Give us some time to get the burps ironed out. Good grief, quads only been out 5 months pal.

Old 05-28-2003, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

I have noticed that after I have put on about 50 hours, it has far more power. It takes nonthing to loft the front end in 2nd or 3rd gear. I do like the looks of the DS in general. It doesn't matter to me what color they are.

I did see a cool looking Raptor at Bauer's pit a few weeks back. It was black and had the front fenders from a DS mounted up with the normal Raptor fenders cut off.

Old 05-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

and who was popping off carbs, bending axles and blowing trannies?

... I have an '01 and will never have any of those problems.

Old 05-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

when you pull up to a raptor you hope it has problems,so you dont have to race him!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

You guys like Raptors... Good keep it to yourself. Reminds me of little kids saying my dad can beat your dad. If you make fun of somthing you are obviously jealous of it.

Old 05-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

put up or shut up!!!! that's my saying

Oh yea..I LIKE RAPTORS..

Old 05-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Heck, I'll even go on record saying I like Raptors too.......really honest and truly.

It's the close minded owners I don't like.......of any manufacturers camp.

Sometimes, in some terrain, with some riders, a Raptor will win, or maybe the Predator, or maybe a Honda, or Bomb or Cannondale or or or.

Its the small minded, and close minded, ignorant people, who think that any time any where, Brand X will "smoke" Brand Z....

Respect the competition, for one day you will also come up against someone faster than you.

How many big dogs pick on other big dogs? Usually its the yappy little fur ball going nip nip nip, or a person who is hiding behind a keyboard somewhere typing the dribble that flows so freely across the web that spouts off the most.

<Grins> Its usually the yip yip yip little crap dog that barks the loudest; Usually when they peek out from behind Grandma in the pink fluffy bathrobe and purple bunny slippers.

The origional post was about helping others with jetting issues........that I found when I INTENTIONALLY ran my Pred too rich that it stuttered and popped.

I'll run my stock pred against a stock Raptor anyday, and most likely it'll come down to rider skill and terrain that will determine the winner.

Both machines are very evenly matched in my opinion.

E-gads I hate yappy dogs. I normally punt them back over the fence to grandamas house.

Old 05-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well stated Heap.

Lep, how's your tach been holding up? I sure like the way they did that pod on the Baja.

P.S. I like Raptors to...especially all black. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2003, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

I wish that I could have one of them all! DS, pred, z400, banshee with my rappy. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Just riding a sport quad is alot of fun. yes there are other sport quads out there, I didn't want to type them all out.

Quick Reply: Heapster gets his Pred to go Pop Pop Pop