Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Override and speed limiter fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Override and speed limiter fix

I know this question has been asked many times, I have a 95 explorer 400 4x4 and can not seem to figure out how to disable the speed limiter and override button so i can use 4 x 4 with out holding down the button, colors from override button are purple,gray with white stripe, green, any detailed instuctions or pics would help, thanks JERRY

Old 05-31-2003, 02:58 AM
Range Rover

I'm intrested also as I have a clutch kit in my 95 xplorer, and while putting in reverse I have to use the limiter button due to higher spring rate..............NC?

Old 05-31-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Well, here is all I could find, but I am not sure if it will work for your models, if the wires are the same then yes, if not, let me know and I will get with Snowride and let you two know.
Trace wires from the override button (gray/white & gray/orange) Cut the gray/orange and tape up both ends. Cut the gray/white and tape up the end which goes to the override button. Connect the other end of the gray/white to the red/white (ignition supplied 12v) You will also need to trace the purple wire which comes from the handlebars and simply cut and tape both ends. Done deal.
Trace wires from the override button (gray/white & gray/orange) Cut the gray/orange and tape up both ends. Cut the gray/white and tape up the end which goes to the override button. Connect the other end of the gray/white to the red/white (ignition supplied 12v) You will also need to trace the purple wire which comes from the handlebars and simply cut and tape both ends. Done deal.

Old 05-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

open up the front nose piece there you will find a rectangle rubber female spade connector there is 2 of them the one you want is the one with the grey wire with and orange stripe unplug that wire from the connector (REVERSE OVERRIDE IS NOW GONE) Now to get it so the 4x4 works is a little more difficult but it is easy look at your reverse override button the wires you want are the grey wire with a white stripe and a red wire with a white stripe see where they come down in the nose piece take a little bit of the insulation off of each one now take a wire and splice it between both wires tape them up good TADA you now have 4x4 and no revlimiter when in reverse without having to push in the button VERY HANDY Your reverse light and the AWD still work like normal too

Old 06-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK , on my 95 , i have a board with spade connectors all over it, the wire coming down form my override switch are gray/white stripe, purple,and green , also, there is a black box on top of my 2 cycle oil bottle, and also a black box in front of my radiator, do you know what these are. None of the wires in your above instructions are in my wiring that i see, thanks for any help. JERRY