Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Race Set-Up for GNCC races

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2000, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 98 Scrambler 400 that I believe I have set up pretty well for hare scrambles. I have engine work done by RCR with an emphasis on low and mid-range power and durability. I have Fox struts with stock springs and a rear Ohlins shock. The brakes have been upgraded with an HPD split brake kit and EBC pads. HPD also supplied the adjustable steering stabilizer and heavy duty lower steering post bearing. Aluminum wheels with Holeshot xct tires, new handlebars, aluminum rear skidplate along with other little things round out the machine.

I have an enclosed ramp roller action clutch from Aaen to install yet and would like to get a set of more mud worthy tires for the really soupy races.

Other than this what else do you think might be beneficial for woods racing? Keep in mind I have no intention of trying to mx with this machine. I am looking at a Cannondale or Gas Gas for mx.

Any SERIOUS comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-10-2000, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

For the mud tire thing i would put bearclaws on. I have a set on my 500 and i like them alot there not the best mudders but there not real heavy. Im setting my 500 up for harescrambles to. I also need to put my fmf on and my kn kit on. Then when i get some more money im goin to put a cam and piston on it. Well good luck

Old 05-10-2000, 01:14 PM
GJ
Range Rover

I would suggest a steering stem from Hot Seat. The stock one is WAY to flimsy for racing. I twisted (not bent) mine my first time out with the bike. And I didnt hit nothing. just bumps and holes. Get on the bike and turn the handle bars to one of the stops and then turn some more. You will see how easy it twists. Then try it on a warrior or 300ex. They dont twist any. If it cant take trail riding.......

ATV connection has a article on it also. GJ